šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

What bigger issue?

The issue I am experiencing and is displayed in the inspector as a thing between card-mod and custom header, please see this link: Custom Header

Oh. That issue. About an entirely different plugin in an entirely different thread unrelated to both. Silly meā€¦

Edit: Ok, you did link it. But this is not the place.

thing is, it could be related, hence my cross post here, wouldnā€™t have dared if I would have been sure it wasnā€™t related of course.

reloading the cache (which is very much related to this thread apparently, my browser_id just got reset once more unfortunately) is needed in the other issue to show the frontend correctly, until the error mentioned in the link hits againā€¦

maybe these issues are symptoms of another issue, the constant disconnects I see pop up. donā€™t know which causes which. only thing I see in the home assistant log is endless amounts of:

2020-01-26 17:04:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2908295216] Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 512
2020-01-26 17:04:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2908295216] Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 512

I see those messages also, I really donā€™t know where to search what this can be.

Is it possible (and if so, how) to have multiple cards display in a popup? For example, I have four sensors each displayed in their own mini-graph-card. Iā€™d like to have the four of their graphs stacked top to bottom in a popup. I currently can only get one to show up:

- type: entity-button
        name: Test Popup
        entity: sun.sun
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: browser_mod.popup
          service_data:
            title: Popup Example
            card:
              type: custom:mini-graph-card
              name: "Living Room"
              icon: "false"
              height: 75
              font_size_header: 12
              font_size: 75
              animate: true
              hours_to_show: 18
              points_per_hour: 2
              color_thresholds:
                - value: 72
                  color: "#E23201"
                - value: 68
                  color: "#FEB938"
                - value: 64
                  color: "#6BBCD1"
              entities:
                - sensor.living_room_temperature
            deviceID:
              - this

Do note; I am using the sun.sun as just a temporary entity to tie this too while I explore how this all works.

Hi, u should use first a vertical card and then all yours custom mini graph card

1 Like

That was it, man, I swear I tried everything but a vertical stack card. Thank you; sometimes itā€™s the simplest solution that gets over looked the most.

Thank you very much for this mod @thomasloven ! Love it so far.

Just one question:
Iā€™m using Fully Kiosk browser on an android tablet and would like to turn off the screen (light.tablet) 5 minutes after no interaction on the device. Havenā€™t found which trigger I need to use to get it done.
Could you please help?

Thereā€™s a setting for that in the FKB app somewhere. Thatā€™s better than to rely on hass to do it for you.

I know but I would like to deactivate the screen only at night.
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking :slight_smile:

I use this command to display a camera image on a tablet, what to do to make a photo from the camera appear instead of a movie

auto_close: true
command: more-info
deviceID:

• dce9ca7a-98b720e2
    entity_id: camera.streaming_enabled
    large: true

Hi,

First-things-first, thanks for this wonderful plugin! I realy love it, but I have a little problem with camera.

Iā€™m using Hass.io with browser_mod on a Huawei tablet Fully (PLUS) with enabled camera access, javascript frontend, and almost everything what i can enable. In the HA configuration.yaml:

browser_mod:
prefix: ā€œbrowser_ā€
devices:
mydeviceid:
name: my terminal device
camera: true

In the HA log, browser terminal there is no error, and I can reach every other sensor, binary sensor from this device. Even motion detection!
I have several other generic cameras and those are configured and present in system. Only the camera.my_terminal_device is not showing.
Of course Iā€™ve rebooting the Hass.io and the tablet after every change.

In the Fully, (or even in Chrome) the HomeAssistant website is not asking permission for the webcam and/or the microphone. I use it on http.

What am I missing, what I can do to access camera?

Thanks,
Gabor

Thanks, the direct camera access by Fully is working!

First let me say thanks Thomas for all the amazing components you have created.
I do have a major problem with the popup function though (which my UI design depends heavily on).
Whether I override a more-info dialog with a popup_card OR use browser-mod.popup, the card does work as intended BUT all the other ā€œvanillaā€ info cards no longer appear (the screen gets greyed out but the standard popup does not appear). I can reproduce the problem on iOS HA app, Safari and Chrome.
Only way to ā€œrestoreā€ the normal behavior is to force reload the page.

Any idea what could be happening? Thanks

Whether I override a more-info dialog with a popup_card OR use browser-mod.popup, the card does work as intended BUT all the other ā€œvanillaā€ info cards no longer appear (the screen gets greyed out but the standard popup does not appear).

Iā€™ve been setting up browser_mod yesterday / today and this answers so much. Iā€™m also experiencing this bug on Firefox and Iā€™ve been trying to fire out whatā€™s been going on and why things arenā€™t working. I now see itā€™s also reported on github - more-info does not work after browser mod pop up Ā· Issue #56 Ā· thomasloven/hass-browser_mod Ā· GitHub

Hey, is there some way to get a camera stream to pop up in fullscreen mode rather than windowed? I have some portrait orientation cameras that donā€™t display nicely unless they are in fullscreen streaming. I tried it like this, but canā€™t get it to open with fullscreenā€¦

- service: browser_mod.command
  data:
    command: more-info
    entity_id: camera.back_stream
    deviceID:
      - !secret kindle_kitchen_deviceid
    large: true

Oh thanks Perry! That was indeed the bug and with the upgrade to 0.105 everything is working great again!

Hi All,

Im trying to use the camera part. But really donā€™t know how to do this.
The camera: true is added in configuration.yaml in browser_mod part.

Do I need something enable in FKB ?