🔹 Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Is there an option in browser_mod, to do an action (for ex stop streaming camera) when the popup is closed, or clicked away?

Hi, I am looking at upgrading from 1.2.3 but there is no “action” in picture-elements Service Call Button ?

I’ve read a lot of issue with custom card not implementing action, but only direct service call on click.
Most of them where slowly updated (sadly not the vaccum card yet).
if my understanding is right, 1.3.0 remove the capability of running popup on the device that requested it without the use of an action type : fire-dom-event

I know i am scratching the surface of the add-on, but this use-case (local popup) is 90% of my need from this.
I am looking at upgrading, and trying to fix my config, but i have hit what i think is a limit with the official picture-elements service call button].

I use this in multiple place to popup a “sub-menu” dedicated to that picture element (not a replacement for more-info) but as far as i have understand the readme, this is no-longer possible right ?

Did i miss anything ? I don’t believe a feature request to change the service call button to a simple button with all action will be accepted on Home assistant as it will be a breaking change for a single dude …

For now, 1.2.3 still work, so i am not stuck. I am just looking for the future :smiley:

I wish i could fix or upgrade stuff myself but i have no freetime to learn development :frowning:

Did you ever find a solution for this (the delayed playback w/ browser_mod media_player)?

Did you ever find a solution for this (the delayed playback w/ browser_mod media_player)?

Did you try the approach outlined here? (i.e. using global pop-ups per lovelace view):

It doesn’t need individual custom cards to be updated to use fire-dom-event

Nope and I don’t think @thomasloven has either. Cheers

Hi guys. I’m not sure if anyone has asked this before and I can’t find anything about it so here goes:

Is it possible to link a sensor to the moment the blackout service is called or better yet, when the blackout is made undone by user interaction?

I have a Touchscreen Windows 7 display as a lovelace control panel hanging on my wall and I use the browser_mod.blackout service to “turn off” the screen. When I touch the screen it turns off the blackout but I want Home assistant to wait 15 seconds after the final touch and then call the blackout service again.

I cannot use fully kiosk as it is not a tablet and dimming the backlight or switching off the screen using different IoT software didn’t give the result I’m looking for.

I have an automation setup that calls the blackout service every 15 seconds but this does not stop when touching the screen so this results in random black screens when trying to operate the display.

Am I making any sense? haha.

While reading my own post again I realised my question was pretty silly. I should just use the time option in the blackout service. Activating the blackout when the browser hasn’t been used for an X amount of seconds… So considered my question answered :sweat_smile:

Hi guys
I spent 1 hour to try to configure a popup but nothing works
Here is my last code

- type: custom:button-card
  entity: person.thomas
  name: Thomas
  tap_action:
    !include ui-lovelace/popup_thomas.yaml

In popup_thomas.yaml:

action: fire-dom-event
#service: browser_mod.popup
browser_mod:
  command: popup
  title: Thomas
  cards:

Thanks for your help

Edit : Found my mystake ! It’s card: and not cards

Hi, I often use popup cards which works well but as I noticed today only with entities card.
Today I wanted to raise a history-graph but there is no reaction on the click.
My code:

views:
  - icon: mdi:home
    path: default_view
    popup_cards:
      sensor.average_cpu_use:
        card:
          entities:
            - entity: sensor.processor_use
          hours_to_show: 12
          refresh_interval: 0
          type: history-graph
      sensor.inside_temperature:
        card:
          entities:
            - entity: sensor.outside_temperature
            - entity: sensor.wt_wohnzimmer_temperature
              name: WT Wohnzimmer
            - entity: sensor.hkt_wc_temperature
            - entity: sensor.guestroom_temperature
            - entity: sensor.office_temperature
            - entity: sensor.fitnessroom_temperature
            - entity: sensor.hkt_bad_jorg_temperature
            - entity: sensor.hkt_bad_yvonne_temperature
            - entity: sensor.hkt_sz_gross_temperature
            - entity: sensor.hkt_sz_klein_temperature
          show_header_toggle: false
          state_color: true
          type: entities
        title: Temperaturen

What is wrong with sensor.average_cpu_use compared to sensor.inside_temperature which works very well? Can somebody point me into the right direction?

I have pop up for some of my buttons - like ventilation.
It looks good on iPad:

But on the phone, the pop up covers the whole screen. Is there a way of sizing the pop-up?

Hi, is there a way to limit the number of entities tracked by browser mod? I only like to control one device at my home but my list is full of unavailable browser_mod entities that I can’t get rid of…

Thx in advance

My log is flooded by a lot of messages from browser_mod:

2021-11-10 07:35:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [1688821400] Error handling message: Unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 100, in async_handle
handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
File "/config/custom_components/browser_mod/connection.py", line 44, in handle_update
devices[deviceID].update(msg.get("data", None))
File "/config/custom_components/browser_mod/connection.py", line 94, in update
self.sensor.data = data.get("browser")
File "/config/custom_components/browser_mod/helpers.py", line 106, in data
self.updated()
File "/config/custom_components/browser_mod/sensor.py", line 27, in updated
self.schedule_update_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 610, in schedule_update_ha_state
self.hass.add_job(self.async_update_ha_state(force_refresh)) # type: ignore
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_job'

There are a lot of this message. What can I do, that this message disappear?

Kind regards,

slofi

You can disable entities - it’s in the docs.

Thank you!!

If you find an answer to this, I’d love to know!

Hello,

I am having problems with the diviceID. when setting the name like this:

browser_mod:
  prefix: "browser_mod_"
  devices:
    xxabb7fb-caa3xxxx:
      name: app_xps_rick

The name only changes in my browser when I delete browser history/cache.
And when I do that, my browser gives a new deviceID every time. And the old one is useless.
This makes configuring for a specific id also impossible.

Any solotion to this or can i do something so my deviceID does not change every time when I delete the cache?

Good day,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Samsung galaxy s8 and S10 both with payed versions of fully kiosk on them.

The fullykiosk attribute in the browser_mod sensor shows false no matter what I do and I have tried several things, including:
Clearing cache on both devices via remote admin.
Deleting the browser mod integration and re installed.

No matter what I try I cannot get browser mod to recognize that the devices have fully kiosk installed and running in kiosk mode. It never creates the binary sensor.

Any ideas I could try? is there a setting I’m missing?
Thanks

This worked for me:

Fully Kiosk → Settings → Advanced Web Settings: check that ‘Enable JavaScript Interface (PLUS)’ is enabled

Awesome, that worked.
Thank you

I did notice Thomas mentioned a javascript setting in a earlier post but did not know what he was referring to.

Thanks again

1 Like