BRUH DIY Multisensor

could be that your powersource is getting week.

1 Like

Im experiencing the same scenario too. I’ve tried 3 power supply so far and still the same symptom. Im trying a different approach, where I’ll using a pcb board instead. The board will look like this:

3 Likes

Same here. between 3 PIRs (HC-SR501) had only 2 working “almost” correctly:

i’m moving to the old DVD cases :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for all the help in this tread so far, really helped me get this working. I’ve managed to get the sensor set up ok, and the light also working fine with the following automation that turns the light on and off when I have a lamp on (to remind me of another light in the house)

automation:
  - alias: Lamp-On-LED
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: light.lamp
      to: 'on'
    action:
      service: light.turn_on
      entity_id: light.sensor_2_led
      data:
        brightness: 120
        rgb_color: [0, 255, 0]
  - alias: Lamp-Off-LED
    trigger:
      to: 'off'
    action:
      service: light.turn_off

What I’m having trouble with is getting the LED to flash based on another event. Before I had the code above to turn off the LED based on the state of the lamp, I had the below code, which flashes the LED when I turned the light on but then the LED stays on. Any tips on how do I make it flash just a few times, (like flash: short) then turn off. Or even better go back the previous state?.. so I can combine both my solid green LED notification for when the lamp is on, and have it flash red when say a door sensor is triggered? I know I’ll have to use rgb_color: [255, 0, 0], flash:short

- alias: Lamp-On-LED
    trigger:
      to: 'on'
    action:
      service: light.turn_on
      data:
        brightness: 120
        rgb_color: [0, 255, 0]
        flash: short 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is something I managed to put together.

Only motion and temp sensor for now. Still waiting for light and LED’s to come from aliexpress :wink:

4 Likes

Wow, that looks great! Very clean yet functional. How did you come about that enclosure?

I found it in some local electronic shop (Croatia). It’s around 4.00USD.
I had to make custom headers (solder it) so nodemcu would fit in there.

Mine is 0.7 did you do any changes to it?

I must be blind, I’ve read this whole thread and can’t find a link to your code. Could you please point me to it? Thanks,

Ok I have my multi sensor almost complete, just waiting on the PIR. Its on integrated and working ok in HA. One question I do have is that when the device powers on the LED lights up blue. Looking at Ben’s video this didn’t seem to be the case. I’m changed the wiring around but can’t get it to be off at boot. Is this normal? is it possible to add code in the firmware to switch it off the LED at boot and just control it from with HA?

If it’s always on that usually means you have the polarity reversed.

Mmmm well I followed the wiring chart on github. Can someone share their wiring?

hey guys hope someone can help me i did this project and i only have a problem with the pir sensor it doesnt detect motion i try two different sensors but still no motion everthing else is working find here are the two sensors

Your bottom pic is the same PIR I use, the middle pin is your signal (you connect that to the PIR_PIN from you sketch) the other 2 are power, should be labeled + and -, the signal should be labeled 0 on the PCB.

Check my pic in post 495.

thanks for the replay yes they are wire as you said but still have same problem i have two sensors of each model but cant get any to work
everything else is working except motion i checked serial monitor on arduino but it only has stanby i also use a diferent nodemcu but same problem

problem solve it was a cable thanks for the help

Other than zwave vs wifi, why not just use the Monoprice Zwave multisensor that can be had for $20 on sale?

Because you can add more sensors to a customer setup or use completely different sensors instead of being limited to the 3 sensors that are pre-built.

OK, I get that. But $20 for motion, light, temperature in a nice housing is pretty tempting. Is there noticeable lag with battery powered zwave motion detectors vs hard wired?