Bug in command line config check with folders outside /config eg. /media

I want to make sure this is actually unexpected behavior or bug before I submit an issue to core.

In my config I have the following to support folder sensors on a couple directories in the media folder. Is core check only aware of the /config directory? I get errors for everything that references the /media folder in my config.

If anything with /media is in the homeassistant section core check just spits out the entire config which exceeds the terminal buffer so you can’t see where the error is. If I take those references out of home assistant and run core check I get this result.

Failed config
  sensor.folder:
    - Invalid config for [sensor.folder]: not a directory for dictionary value @ data['folder']. Got './media/frigate/clips'. (See ?, line ?).
    - platform: folder
      filter: *
      folder: /media/frigate/clips
    - Invalid config for [sensor.folder]: not a directory for dictionary value @ data['folder']. Got './media/music/Alarm Clock Sounds'. (See ?, line ?).
      filter: *
      folder: "/media/music/Alarm Clock Sounds"

This are the relevant sections of my config.

homeassistant:
  allowlist_external_dirs:
    - /media/frigate/clips 
    - "/media/music/Alarm Clock Sounds" 

And the folder sensor config.
sensor:

sensor:
    folder: "/media/music/Alarm Clock Sounds" 
    filter: "*"

folder: /media/frigate/clips 
    filter: "*"

I’ve tried ./media, …/media. No dice.

The sensors do work as expected in real time.

Edit: Sorry I had posted one of my “experimental” file paths from attempts to resolve the issue. Correct configs are posted now.