[Buienradar] Inquiring about Obtaining Expected Rain within 24 Hours

I need help understanding the Buienradar documentation regarding rain forecasts. Every morning, I rely on Home Assistant’s Buienradar integration to provide weather information, including rain forecasts. I have a specific use case where I want to announce whether it will rain today during my morning routine.

Currently, I’m facing challenges in obtaining the expected amount of rain within the next 24 hours. For example, the entity sensor.buienradar_rain_1d shows a value of 15.0, but when I check the Buienradar website, it indicates no rain is expected today. I have noticed similar discrepancies before.

According to the Buienradar documentation, the “Rain n days ahead” entities provide the forecasted amount of rain (in mm) n days ahead, which is the average of the minimum and maximum rain forecasts. However, it’s not clear how to specifically retrieve the rain forecast for the next 24 hours. I have explored the following entities:

• sensor.buienradar_rain_1d
  • sensor.buienradar_minimum_rain_1d
  • sensor.buienradar_maximum_rain_1d
  • sensor.buienradar_precipitation_forecast_total

Unfortunately, I haven’t found a dedicated entity like sensor.buienradar_rain_0d to directly obtain the rain forecast for the next 24 hours.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or alternative methods that can help me accurately retrieve the expected amount of rain within the upcoming 24-hour period using the available entities or other means within Home Assistant.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable assistance!