Buienradar stopped working some updates ago

Buienradar used to work flawless till three updates ago, since then i can not get it running again.

Did remove it - reinstall it

In integrations it says - not loaded

in States it says - persistent_notification.invalid_config
and.
invalid config

Well when i do a check of YAML or I look it up or I look at my old entries for Buienradar, there is nothing missing, nothing wrong with it, nothing different, yet it fails to load.

Please does anyone now how to tackle this problem. used buienradar since it became available, it never failed.

Please share more info. What HA version are you running now? What is ‘three updates ago’. What HA version was that? What are you trying to setup, where and what is your code? In any case:

Buienradar has been integrated to the GUI since 2021.6 as stated in the breaking changes. They warned through the logs that the YAML is deprecated and you need to remove it and setup using GUI (integrations page). HA would automatically convert them, so you only needed to remove them. Perhaps you skipped this update and they didn’t get converted to the GUI. Which means you only have them in YAML, which is deprecated.

Add the integration through GUI and set it up from there: Buienradar - Home Assistant

1 Like

My version is 2021.7.3 it stopped working indeed after 2021.6. something. So I am afraid that it is only in yaml. Although I did remove it there out of sensors… after it failed, did an update without buienradar from 2021.7.2 to 2021.7.3 then used the GUI tools to add an integration, and then well result is not working wrong config all that even though i gave the weather station GPS coordinates and all.

So if you can help me and point out what i maybe did miss, please?

Did you get this to work? I have a similar issues.

I am on core-2021.11.5

steps I have taken:

• removing and adding the buienradar integration

Same issues here.
Since 2021-11-1 no data from buienradar anymore. Removed all buienradar related line’s from yaml, reinstalled the buienradar integration, but no data. It says unknown and unavailable.

No never got it working again, and till now no one could or did tell me how to fix it. Alas I really did like it and now I have to use the build in NO Norwegian weather forecast which is well a long way from my home and less accurate.

Always running the latest version of homeassistant, even since version 35.0 I think :grinning:

just to add, I recently upgraded from 2021.05.4, and it worked before. So the issue is not on the Buienradar side I believe.

Running latest version and buienradar did not update this week, reloaded the integration and it got the info for this week, so working here.

Did the same with every new version after it stopped working. It never ever worked!
I tried fully removing it all references from all places it stood, nothing.
Then reloading it, it will not work I get the same errors as marinus

I live near Rotterdam Geulhaven, so the buienradar integration choose that location for me, but, Rotterdam Geulhaven is a windspeed location, so i end up with lots of unknown data.
I re-installed the buienradar integration and choosed the coordinates of Hoek van Holland. For the time being, … it now works, and i got back all the wheater info.

Hmm… for the time being it worked. It worked for about a 6 hours and then data freezes.

A reload integration and now it is working already for 1 day!

Hoi Marinus,

Can you please tell me how you did integrate it and how your yaml file looks for buienradar if there is any?!
Whatever I do it will not run anymore, even after so many updates since the moment it broke down

In yaml i had some configuration for buienradar i found on forums on the internet. But, i understood some months ago that buienradar has become an integration that can be installed bij Configuration → Integration. So after that, i removed all buienradar related lines from my yaml and installed buienradar as an integration.

So, remove al yalml buienradar, install buienrader by configuration - integrations. Use coordinates of nearby wheaterstation who has ALL the data and not only “some” data like there is Rotterdam-geulhaven.

Then it must work. But with me the problem is that it works for one or two days and then it freezes. Sometimes it works again after a reload but then again after some time it freezes.

Must be a bug.

Sorry to bump in, but how do yo change the weather station from Geulhaven to a station that has all the data? Adding it to configuration.yaml doesn’t seem to work.

EDIT: found it, you have to remove and reinstall the integration. Then it asks for the coordinates.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it. Since i use coordinates of Rotterdam weatherstation instead of Hoek van Holland, it is working fawless for more then 1 week now.

Funny enough with the latest update of Hassio, my weatherstation kicked in again, after 10 in between version not working!!! :rofl:
Shame only that now my buienradar api with the moving weather forecast did stop. :crazy_face:

Saved my day… I was busy for hours trying to find out how one can change the location :crazy_face:

And now if 2023.10.1 HA update collecting data did stop again. Does not give an error it only shows old data from the time before the update.
I hope it has nothing to do with the new Weatrher update I saw mentioned in a youtube video, in which was explained that the new way was much better then the old. I actually loved my weather integration and it was used in several automations. So hopefully someone has a clue about what is going on.
Please?