Hello, I am building new house and would like to get some suggestions from you guys.
I am using Node-Red for automations and have done some MQTT+ESP for custom stuff.
- Xiaomi Aqara (zigbee) - acceptable
- Sonoff socket (tuya wifi) - very good
- Light switch (tuya wifi) - good
I like quality of Xiaomi Aquara build quality but zigbee has stability/speed issues (maybe bad adapter, using CC2531 USB stick and zigbee2mqtt)
Everything wifi based works perfectly stable and has quick response time
Blinds: Zemismart (tuya wifi) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000201855781.html
Curtains: Aqara (zigbee) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000266457220.html << Seems high quality and expensive
Sensors: Tap into magnetic alarm sensor
LED strips: ??? - 24V warm white 3014 ??
Any suggestions on high quality strips?
LED power: ??? - 24V
- (tuya wifi) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000289352430.html
I want main light switches to function as dumb switches if there are issues with home assistant.
- Now I am wiring every window to have AC and UTP cables, every corner to have 2/3 UTP cables for cameras, misc and 1 AC cable (lights).
- Putting wiring tubes in several places.
- Everything comes into a small room at the center of a house.
Heating and cooling is going thru pipes in floors, using Daikin Altherma 3:
Will try to connect using HA
Fresh air is provided using recuperation system via ceiling vents:
Will try to connect using HA + 1 automated vent valve between 1st & 2nd floors.
House thermal efficiency is going to be A+.
We will try to live without using AC, but have prepped wiring and piping locations.
- I am planning to have a separate security system from home assistant.
- I will try to tap into PIR and Tamper sensors for rooms and windows/doors.
- Add custom ability to control arming process via HA.
- LAN cameras around house and gates.
- Pressure sensors in beds
- Some temperature & humidity sensors in several places