Building Zigbee Network

Hello,

I am totally new to HA, so bare over with me. :slight_smile:

Just got my RPI 4 4gb and a Conbee2, so far so good. I have connected me conbee to the RPI with usb extension cable.( have tried 2 different)

No matter what I do HA cannot discover zigbbe devices. I have tried with ZHA and Deconz. If I connect the Conbee2 to my Win10 PC, I get the same result. So I am thinking perhaps the conbee is defective?

I am running 64Bit HA, because it will not boot from usb with 32bit.

I get this error in supervisor :
21-01-25 20:41:32 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Cannot connect to host 172.30.33.1:8099 ssl:default [Connect call failed (โ€˜172.30.33.1โ€™, 8099)]

TIA

/Lieberkind

Did you set your Zigbee devices into discovery mode?

Is the Conbee stick listed in your HA at > Supervisor > System > Hardware > devices?

Should be sth like:

- >-
    /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_xxxxx-xxx

yes and yes

It shows up in here:

If youโ€™re using the (semi)official add-on, the deCONZ guys generally recommend using the dockerized version instead: https://github.com/marthoc/docker-deconz

Iโ€™ve also had issues with the add-on, switching to the above Docker image (and adding the integration manually) fixed most of the problems.

However I did end up switching to the ZHA integration completely. That also has its issues, but I found it much easier to manage.

Thanks.

Do you recommend ZHA instead?

Got it working now

thanks