Business View: Social Stats and Web Info

I am posting my breakthrough (I am a new though, so others might not call it a breakthrough), as I haven’t seen anything like this on here.

I wanted to get a snapshot of my new business in a view on HA. Some would argue it doesn’t belong on HA, but it helps me, as I currently check my HA daily. It will also allow me to create automations based on the data. Here is what I ended up with:

Audience Data on the left, Interactions in the middle, and my latest 9 posts on instagram on the right. All updates every 5 minutes.

I do not know javascript, so there is no fancy custom js cards or anything here. The backend of my website actually does the heavy lifting. I am a web developer. The majority of the data was already on my website. So, all I had to do was get the data into HA. For this, I used the RESTful Sensor

There are only two custom cards here. The verticle-stack-in-card, and mini-graph-card. Both of which I am a massive fan of.

Please note: The graphs are showing 1 week, and I have not gathered enough data to populate them, so they look a bit weird. They show the change in followers and interactions each day.

I know I am not going to win any awards for creativity or coding for this. But I just wanted to show how I turned some pretty basic functions into a useful view.

2 Likes