Button-card: command and feedback management

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new in HA environment and I am looking to develop, what o thought, a pretty easy functionality. Unfortunately, I still didn’t find a solution, then here I am to ask help.

My project involve a PLC to control lights, pump, and motors of my home. I come from ‘automation fild’ and I would like to keep somw concepts like ‘command’ and ‘feedback’ signals.

In details, i would like to use a unique button to send a command and animate it with a feedback signal. Both the signals are already working, but I was not able to design the bottom.

I defined two input_boolen entity:

• inputboolean.light_living_main_cmd
  • inputboolean.light_living_main_fdk

I would like to press the button in order to change the status of ‘inputboolean.light_living_main_cmd’, but the animation (color) of it should be triggered through the signal back ‘inputboolean.light_living_main_fdk’.

Hope it is clear, but of course I can goo deep in the explanation with image or code.

Thank you in advance

Stefano

I know this is quiet old now, but were you able to accomplish this? I, too, have PLC experience and am used to HMI/SCADA visual status coming from a feedback signal, not a command that was sent but never acted upon for some reason. I would like to create a dashboard showing the confirmed status of switches and sensors. Did you have any success?