Buttons Missing after 2023.4.1

The issue on Git is still open. That’s pretty surprising since this is a fairly major break.

2 Likes

The same on 2023.4.3, also changed Android widget buttons and need’s to be recofigured. And some spaces loosed for several objects. Quit strange update.

Same error.
It is interesting that buttons are not visible on the desktop computer (Chrome browser) and in the Android app, while they are normally visible on the Chrome browser on the Android phone.

Following thread.

I can’t see them on my android phone using chrome. So now they are completely gone :frowning:

Same issue here.

Buttons had been working since i updated to 2023.4.3 this morning.

After a backup restore they came back.

Had the same problem with custom button card, only appeared this morning with 2023.4.3, not related to buttons showing percentages (as was mentioned in a related issue).

Workaround is here:

EDIT: this fix is already merged into the code in version 2023.4.4 so you should get the fix by simply upgrading.

This is definitely a bug, but there is a workdround by setting one of your locale settings to something other than auto:

231692890-a37ea7d3-d037-467f-9722-2c343021af37

refer to : Button card not showing in 2023.4.3 · Issue #16155 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

4 Likes

I can confirm that the work-around with going into your profile and changing one of the settings away from auto is a functional work-around for 2024.4.2. I’m not adding as a solution only because it is a work-around rather than a fix.

Resetting one of locale fix it for me as well. I was using buttons to play various media streams.

2023.4.4 was just tagged with the fix for this

according to bram kragten

I had the same problem as above and update to 2023.4.4 solved the problem.

3 Likes

Broken for me after update today
Home Assistant 2023.4.4
Supervisor 2023.04.0
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230411.0 - latest

I’ve got the same issue, it has persisted sisnce i updated to 2023.4.1.

I upgraded to 2023.4.4 this morning and I still have the same problem. All my buttons are gone and when trying to create a new one, this is what it looks like:

1 Like

2023.4.4 buttons fixed

Reload frontend or delete cache and run it again

Is anyone still having issues? Everything’s updated, several reboots and cache clearing but the problem still persists for me

The workaround fixed my issues initially then I upgraded to 2023.4.4 and set my values back to automatic and it works fine. This is to say that both the workaround and the latest update fixed my issues.

Unfortunately none of the proposed solutions seem to work for me, even on 2023.4.4

I just noticed that some cards only disappear when @thomasloven browser-mod pop-up service is called so I’m going to open an issue on his github.

type: custom:mushroom-person-card
entity: person.bernardo
icon_type: entity-picture
tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    service: browser_mod.popup
    data:
      content:
        type: button
        icon: mdi:coffee
        icon_height: 50px