Buy a ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick - flashed, antenna mod and printed case

I’m now also able to flash the Sonoff RF Bridge with OpenMqttGateway.

You may ask yourself why I want to offer flashed Sonoff RF Bridges when I already have the DIY OMG IR/RF/BLE/Led device.

Well first of all if someone only wants RF (in an industrial case) the Sonoff RF may be the better choice. And because I only need to flash it and save a lot of time soldering and making the device it will be cheaper.
So I think it’s nice to have this option too.

1 Like

Hi all, Hi @h4nc!

I am happy customer and bought RF/BLE/Led device (a bit bespoke, with external wifi antenna, thanks Hans) and Zigbee stuff.
All looks great.

Still need to put my hands on Zigbee stuff: for now played only with the RF/BLE/Led device.
This I straight away flashed with EspHome (thanks again Hans for support, to flash no need to keep pressed boot while connecting to USB port).
Why using EspHome? I like to keep full control and never used OMG hence…it was easier for me.

It was very straight to program and if someone is interested I can share my code.
The only think is the board has 4Mbyte Flash hence a bit limited.
My EspHome firmware uses 92% of it and, as a result, Api and OTA do no work: I need to ask @OttoWinter if this is normal.

Shrinking down the firmware removing functions (52% used) is perfectly fine.

Issue is with EspHome I am not able to pack together:

• BLE (this uses really a lot of space) (tracker + 2 MiFlora)

• RF receiver / transmitter

• usual wifi signal/status/restart/LED

it is not an HW issue (as with OMG all works!) but probably EspHome is more resource hungry?
I am not a programmer hence can’t judge properly.

Anyway: quickly tested RF coverage and looks good (with cheap door/window sensors)

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

Did the external antenna help regarding the range of your BLE devices?

hi @h4nc,

it definetly help unluckily as said I can’t use RF server together with BLE :frowning:

Thought maybe you tested it with OMG before switching to ESPhome. I don’t have experience with ESPhome. Hope someone is able to help you with that, so that you can enable all modules.
Keep us updated, others may be interested in this as well.

seems something is moving:

1 Like

I receive yesterday my ready2use Zigbee2mqtt-Stick and RFlink mini.
Thanks h4nc for quality of the devices and your response time to follow order and delivery!

I installed the two devices immediately yesterday.
For the RFlink mini I just installed my old config with my previous DIY version and it works immediately.
The installation and use of Zigbee2mqtt-Stick was also straight forward. Now need to setup all my devices.

The second Zigbee2mqtt-Stick will be used for debug/sniffing.

Thanks again h4nc.

1 Like

Just received the usb stick, i swapped it over from my non arial model, all connected fine after a while, but there was a issue with some bulbs not reacting to home assistant on / off button ? this happened before the last time i unpaired and paired my lights due to some network issue.

What i did which worked last time was to repair the non working bulbs back to the hue bridge then deleted them from the hue app, i then paired the bulbs back to zigbee2mqtt and all is working fine.

Now to pair my Aqua thermostat / humidity sensors which also arrived today, these sensors were picked up straight away with the zigbee2mqtt network with no issues.

By the way the signal in the zigbee map looks great with the devices mesh - ing as they should, loads better than before and working like a champ so far, cheers to h4nc for the arial mod and the nicely designed case.

1 Like

I have a newbie question :grin:

I am using a coordinator usb stick for 12 sensors, if I buy this, do I need to re-pair all of the sensors?

Is this possible to plug both coordinator and router USB at the same time to use with Home Assistant?

Thank you,

You, won’t need to repair your sensors.

I don’t know if I understand your question right, but the coordinator will be plugged in into your machine running zigbee2mqtt and routers only need to be powered by an usb port. After paring the router you can place in anywhere (within the range of the coord).

Please send me a pm if you’re still interested.

Thank you for your reply.

Pairing the router is the similar process to pair new sensor? Sorry for the newbie question :smiley:
Steps are:

1. Buy your router
  2. Pair it to current coordinator (similar adding new device like other sensor)
  3. Grab any USB adapter, then plug the router somewhere near the sensors (even outdoor with ducktape) :smiley:

Is that correct?

Yes, exactly like that. You will have to pair it near your coordinator, like you pair enddevices.

BTW: This might me interesting for other users as well. I lately measured the power consumption (with a cheap power meter, so probably not very accurate) of a CC2531.
After an hour it only used around 12 mAh. So it might be possible to plug it into a powerbank with solarcells and use it somewhere where you don’t have a power socket. Just an idea, did not try it myself.

Thank you for the quick reply.

If we have a router, how can we know that the far-away sensors connect to the router instead of the coordinator? I searched and found zigbee mesh: Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

Yes, the Zigbeemap is a way to make that visible.

Also if you have a sensor that always made issues because it was far away and works fine after you put a router in between tells you that it is connected through the router. A sensor in my garden doesn’t work when I disconnect the router between.

One more happy customer here!

I was having quite hard time to get all my zigbee devices to work reliably in my house and garage (bunch of Aqara Temp sensors, door sensors and leak detectors).
My initial setup was just a regular CC2531 (cheapo from ebay) and of course not nearly all of the sensors worked as HASSIO runs from rasp and it is located at corner office of the house.

So I built and added CC2530 routers (3 of them) and same story, cheapo CC2531 didn’t have enough juice even with the additional routers.

I saw this ad and contacted h4nc and ordered one coordinator and one additional router.
h4nc dispatched them the same day and I got them after a week (thanks to Finlands Post office strike).

Both of the devices work and the case looks sleek even though I installed them to non-visible places, but still :slight_smile:
Finally all of the sensors are working perfectly in my house. Honestly I don’t know if it is because of the better coordinator or the fact that I added 2 routers to my house (old coordinator and one extra I bought from h4nc) or comibination of both. Don’t know, don’t care :laughing:
Only thing I don’t understand is that all of the routers (except one) report 0 link quality but the end devices still work fine, I don’t know is it a really an issue.

Anyway great products for great price considering that if you don’t have all the parts to DIY this. Also shipping was way faster than from China (to Finland).
Thank you h4nc! :smiley:

1 Like

It arrived very fast, and was installed, works wonderfully.
Thank you very much

1 Like

I have ordered and already received one stick flashed as coordinator and three sticks flashed in router mode. All sticks work flawlessly. :slight_smile: The shipping was almost as fast as light. :slight_smile: In addition, the contact was very kind and supportive. In conclusion, everything perfect!

1 Like

I got one to. Works perfectly and looks great but should probably have got a router as well.

1 Like

Hi Sir, would like to purchase one of the signee sticks, how can I proceed

Interested in zigbee2mqtt stick and possibly router as well. Could you pm me the details please. Thank you.

1 Like