Buy a ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick - flashed, antenna mod and printed case

First I also thought about using a mega mini, but as you can see in the pictures above the two modules need some space on the pcb too.

Yes, it could be done more compact, but I decided to go with the normal mega because there was a prototyp pcb for that one. Because of this it would be pretty easy to switch the mega board if it fails sometime.

BTW it maybe looks big on the pictures, but if I have it on front of me I don’t have the feeling that is is to big. I think it looks bigger than it is on the pictures. But of course it has the footprint of the arduino mega.

Anyway thanks for your input.

Is this an alternative to the CC2531? Whats the difference and benefits out of interest please?

No, that is not an alternative to the CC2531.

This RFlink is for 433 Mhz applications (so not Zigbee).

See this link to see supported devices:
http://www.rflink.nl/blog2/devlist

1 Like

I just wanna chime in and say that I ordered two sticks and they came in a couple days ago and they work perfectly! Look nice too

1 Like

I have new sticks available.

I received my two sticks in perfect working order and they look great, for anyone debating whether it is worth using please read my latest blog where I cover off using these sticks to replace my Xiaomi Gateways.

https://kingiacastle.com/2019/06/09/migration-off-the-xiaomi-gateway-using-zigbee2mqtt/

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Also the step-by-step instructions will help a lot of people and will make it even easier to get started.

1 Like

I actully sell these, but without the antenna, considered doing somthing like it myself, good job, and hope you do well.

1 Like

I just got my stick today. I already used one without an antenna and can confirm, that the network range with antenna is much better!

Also the case is really nice. Thanks for offering these!

2 Likes

Blame on me, just ordered this ugly normal usb stick without knowing that you made these beautiful cases and offer this nice service.

I really appreciate your work😊

Weiter so und herzlichste grüsse nach österreich!

1 Like

I will update my color table soon, because I ran out of two colours.

What I want to tell you now is that I have a new special color.

It’s called Filametal and it has aluminium particles in it. It makes it look much like aluminium.
I only have a small spool and I think FFFWorld doesn’t sell it any more.

So we could call it a Limited Edition Case :wink:

Here are some pictures:

I updated the color table in my first post. Two pictures of the same cases, one with sunlight.

Color E: light blue that glows in the dark.

I updated the color table again. Colors I to M are new.

Made new sticks, available now.

Just want to let you know that you can also add antennas like this one to the stick.

Is the price of the unit a secret or something? Couldn’t find it. ( I understand postage varies, but the actual unit has a price i assume?)

It’s not a secret, but as posts can’t be edited after some time I don’t want to fix it to a certain value. Price could go up or down in future, I don’t know that yet.

Contact me and I will let you know the current price. Hope you can understand.

I like it but I hesitate to ask the price because I think shipping to North America will make the device considerably more expensive than what it’s originally supposed to be (an inexpensive alternative to commercial Zigbee coordinators).

Of course, I probably should ask anyway …

It isn’t only that.
I think the main reason for going to z2m Going local instead of using clouds.

Also you can replace other bridges (ikea, xiaomi, hue, …). Which saves money and space.

New project:

Trying to make something similar with the ESP32 and openmqtthub (for BLE devices like the MiFlora Sensors).
Goal is to make a similar case and to make it as compact as possible.

1 Like