Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

Thanks all; this works for me now. It seems the scripts YAML file IS only loaded once on bootup and edits don’t take effect until after a reboot.

alarm_arm_instant_perimeter:
  sequence:
    service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_night
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    data:
      code: '-1'

Does anyone know if @gazoscalvertos ever released any of the changes/improvements shown in this vid?

yes, you need to restart HA. there might be another way, but still it won’t do it automatically :wink:
haven’t tried the Reload Scripts yet as from my experience the HA GUI interface sometimes doesn’t work well, I prefer cli.

some of the features are in the current code (this repo), but not all as far as I can tell

You can use the service: script.reload

2 @tom_l and All:
Do you know what is expected behaviour of the component if you run this sequence when Require a code to set the alarm is enabled in settings?

I’m currently changing the code because of this FR and it’s a bit unclear to me…

UPDATE: the current behaviour is ‘override’ always works so even if Require a code enabled, it works as a code.

Greetings,
I’m using Google Assistant Cloud to arm and disarm my alarm based on the original instructions:

This works fine except that it ignores open sensors and arms the alarm. If the same sensor is open and I try to set it through this projects alarm panel I get the Open Sensors Found message. Is there a different way to call the script so that it just refuses to arm if a non-overridden sensor is open?

Alright! Here is a thank you from me too, for keeping this alive. I really hope Gaz is ok since we havent heard from him for a long time.

Here is a request, if this is possible:
Can we have a mode that will arm_away the alarm without motion sensors enabled, but after some time, it will arm the sensors too?

To give you my real life example, here is my problem:

I have a roomba cleaning my house and we activate it when we leave for work every morning. This thing needs a couple of hours to clean the house and if I arm_away the motion sensors will pick up the roomba and will trigger the alarm.
So, can I have an option to have the sensors disabled for 2 hours for example and auto activate them after that period of time?

My plan is to have a button on my interface using a boolean, something like Roomba is cleaning and when I arm the alarm , the sensors will be offline. The boolean will auto disable after 2 hours and the sensors will be online again.

I hope I made clear of my request. Please let me know if you wanna ask anything.

One simple way around this is to create a script. The script can be a simple delay, followed by a service call to arm the alarm. Create a button on your UI that you can press to trigger the script.
Even better…
If you can integrate the Roomba into HA, get it done via the same script but instead of the delay, use a wait_template to arm the alarm once the Roomba is finished.

An automation triggered by the vacuum docking with a condition that there is no one home and an action to arm the alarm would do away with the delay or wait template.

This is the sort of thing you automate yourself rather than asking an alarm component to be everything for everyone.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Automations would be useful in this case, but I cant leave the house unarmed.
As I understand it, you are suggesting to leave the house unarmed, and have it armed after the roomba is finished. This is no option unfortunately.
My request is to have the alarm armed away like it is now, but have an extra option to keep the motion sensors offline for a period of time.

Edit: Also roomba integration is not an option too. This is an old roomba 620 with no wifi. I have seen a lot of roomba hacks all over the internet (and for my surprise in this forum too!) but I dont think I could make it work.

agree, not safe.

but this makes sense

Could you make a feature request on Github ad it will be lost if left only here?
I cannot promise anything, but will keep it in mind…

1 Like

The other thing to do would be to replace your PIRs with pet immune versions. I have these type of PIR and my Roborocks do not set them off.

@AhmadK Thank you for replying. I made a request, so if you make it, I would be grateful!

@tom_l Pet immune versions? Never heard of them!
Can you share a link of your sensors? I will take a look at them.

https://oceancontrols.com.au/KPR-105.html

1 Like

Sonoff PIR2 claims to be pet safe, but I cannot test it myself… :wink:

1 Like

Hi Just a quick question If the alarm is triggered and I have an automation to turn on the siren, how does it receive the order to turn off the siren when the triggered time has expired and the alarm turns back to armed.

i.e a possum or animal has triggered the alarm but then the pir goes back to clear after the trigger time has expired shouldnt the siren turn off?

How about arming the house in perimeter mode (arming door / window sensors etc.) when you leave and then have the automation arm it in away mode once the Roomba is finished? That way you still have some security while the PIR’s are not in use

This is where the delay could work. Arm the house in ‘perimeter mode’ and have a delay to then re-arm but in ‘away mode’ after your desired set period (the time expected for the Roomba to finish)

1 Like

Yup, this sounds like an option!
Can I use an automation to switch from “perimeter” to “arm_away” mode, without disarming? Is that possible?

I am kinda feeling foolish for not even thinking of this… Thank you for the idea!

You should be able to, although I’ve never tried it. Give it a go and let us know :slight_smile:

The alarm component changes its state from triggered to something else, for example.

it’s up to you. My siren automation checks if the state is still triggered as it can be disarmed in the middle of the trigger time, for example.

By the way, could you reply to my question there?

I can confirm that it doesn’t work with my current code, just stays in the initial armed state.