Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

For what it’s worth, the panel you have was the best looking version

1 Like

I’m a bit confused as @tom_l said

And do you have any ideas why

is this happening?

@sparkydave I believe it’s not that difficult to change, but what exactly do you like in that version?

HACS does all the heavy lifting of copying the files down for you when there is an update. its the replacement for the custom_updater component.

Please don’t :slight_smile:
This collection(?) is to unique for HACS to handle, if added it would only handle the component part of it, not the rest (under panel/www).

@AhmadK This may give you some trouble, if you want I can block the repo in HACS so it’s not possible to add it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks ludeeus, good to know it wont handle the panels stuff

I’ve just made a v1.5.0a pre-release available on Github.

Please read the release notes and feel free to test it, but don’t forget to back up your system first (INCLUDING alarm.yaml !) as it might be helpful to have them for debug purposes.
I’d suggest to remove alarm.json as well.
Feel free to open a new issue/PM me if required.

And keep in mind that at the moment it is NOT possible to have it updated via HACS, you need to do it manually… but we’re almost there, thanks to @ludeeus

Hello Community. I’m new to HA (using HASSIO on Ubuntu) and trying to understand the options to using it as a security system. I have an ADT alarm with the Envisalink3 and some Z-Wave sensors throughout the house all working in HA. What is the difference between this project and the simple Alarm Card I see in the Lovelace UI? Does this component work inside the existing UI, or is it intended to be stand-alone?

It looks really cool :slight_smile:

Any insight the community can provide will be really helpful. I did read through the original thread and that’s how I ended up here. There is just so much content our there its overwhelming.

TIA!

Well, it’s a HA component that implements a logic of security system (presume it’s an extension of Manual Alarm Control Panel).
Once you define what sensors trigger it and other things like entry/exit time for various armed modes, it makes the rest.
You need to provide actions on it changing its state: for example, if you want to get a notification when it’s triggered, add automation with a state trigger.
Same way you add automations that switch on a siren when it’s triggered and switch it off when it’s disarmed.

You can use this component alone as it has all services to control and also supports MQTT.
But tit also has a HA GUI panel that acts as an interface to the component and does all that one needs to control it.

Hope it explains something.
I’m not familiar with commercial alarms/sensors, but some in this topic are so feel free to ask.

Thanks AhmadK! That’s very helpful. I’m going to give it a try!

hi there.
how to solve this?

its my first install

by providing as much information as possible (hint - it said something about logs).
preferably by opening a new issue here

There is v.1.6.0b available
The key change - it’s ready for HACS and will become be supported in the next HACS release!
For more details please read release notes.

Wait what?
Did you submit this to HA? why bother adding support for HACS if you are doing that?

I registered my component as you had advised me here after releasing the restructured component, nothing else.

Ahh :slight_smile:
So the next HACS release, not HA :wink:

Misunderstood it, you’re right. Will correct my post

Hi Ahmad,
Tried your 1.6.0b version today with the new directory structure for HACS. It seemed to work OK, so I removed the old files and directories (after a backup!) and restarted Hassio. The Lovelace alarm panel is still looking for alarm.html in /config/panels. I moved that back and the original contents of the www directory, but the Lovelace alarm panel still gets an error trying to alarm the system:

> 2019-06-22 21:02:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1825802288] async_alarm_arm_away() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ignore_open_sensors'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
>     connection.context(msg))
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
>     self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1172, in _execute_service
>     await handler.func(service_call)
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 194, in handle_service
>     required_features
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 316, in entity_service_call
>     future.result()  # pop exception if have
>   File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 337, in _handle_service_platform_call
>     await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
> TypeError: async_alarm_arm_away() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ignore_open_sensors'

Your panel is working fine so it’s not a big problem.

first of all, have you changed your configuration.yalm?
it should not contain

panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

and it’s in the Readme.

Also, every time you update it is mandatory to clear cache of ALL your browsers that access alarm page.

Hope it helps

Yep, have the panel_custom line in my config. Didn’t change anything in there. Exited out and cleared cache on my tablets and browsers. Removed the panels directory in /config and the old alarm directories in /config/www. Rebooted and the same errror:

2019-06-23 09:24:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for bwalarm which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-06-23 09:25:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.panel_custom] Unable to find webcomponent for alarm: /config/panels/alarm.html
2019-06-23 09:25:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for panel_custom: Component failed to initialize.
2019-06-23 09:25:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of hassio. Setup failed for dependencies: panel_custom
2019-06-23 09:25:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for hassio: Could not set up all dependencies.

If I try and arm the alarm via the Lovelace panel I get this:

2019-06-23 09:27:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1961278576] async_alarm_arm_home() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ignore_open_sensors'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1172, in _execute_service                      
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 194, in handle_service     
    required_features       
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 316, in entity_service_call         
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 337, in _handle_service_platform_call
    await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
TypeError: async_alarm_arm_home() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ignore_open_sensors'            

Remove that

1 Like