Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

If the default password does not work, the only way I see is to edit resources/bwalarm/bwalarm.yaml manually.

Before posting, I looked at resources/bwalarm/bwalarm.yaml, but I didn’t see where to reset the password. Is there specific line to edit in resources/bwalarm/bwalarm.yaml?

It’s here

Thanks, got it fixed!

How can I use Bwalarm as a card in lovelace? Is it possible? iframe for example.

I assume you don’t mean just using the alarm card?

If so, you may be able to use this: https://gist.github.com/balloob/580deaf8c3fc76948559c5963ed4d436

If you use an iframe you will get a double side menu. See this for an example: When I click on custom link added via panel_iframe: it opens the link but then creates a second sidebar

1 Like

I wanted to have BWalarm directly on lovelace, though if add https://XXX.duckdns.org:8123/alarm to an iframe in panel mode It doubles the side bar.

download the panel-redirect.js from here put it into your /config/www folder then inside configuration.yaml you’ll want to put in the following code (I think this is right, play around with it a little bit if needed)

panel_custom:
  - name: panel-redirect
    # url_path needs to be unique for each panel_custom config
    url_path: redirect-bwalarm 
    sidebar_title: BW Alarm  # you can type whatever name you want here
    sidebar_icon: mdi:gesture-tap-button # you can choose any icon you want
    module_url: /local/panel-redirect.js
    config:
      # Where you want to redirect to
      target: /alarm

Exactly what I said here:

I tried that module but it just creats another panel on the side bar. Imeant the iFrame card, not the panel. I have BWAlarm on the panel already. I wanted to have bwalarm on a card.

I haven’t tried it but how about this?

It works but with a double side bar

Is there anyway to force the Arming trigger to immediately arm, and bypass the arm delay set?

I have some remote controls I use to enable/disable the alarm when outside the house, and would like to be to create an automation that when the alarm is enabled with the remotes, it bypasses the arm delay.

However, I’d like to keep the delay enabled for when enabling the alarm from the control panel inside the house.

I know the documentation is not perfect but it has it.

Awesome! Little bit of a hidden feature, but found it, thank you!

Also, do you know if I can send a “triggered” command without the alarm being armed? I’d like to create a “panic” button on a remote.
Currently, I can’t trigger the alarm unless it was set in Away/Home mode first.
I also don’t want to just trigger the sirens, as I’d like it to not bypass the alarm, so all the other automations still work.

what exactly should happen when you press that button?

that’s correct because it only triggers from armed_xxx/warning state.

could you elaborate? the only thing the alarm does is changing its state.
the rest is down to your automatons.

You could do this with a simple automation, not requiring the bwalarm at all. Since you want it to work when the alarm is not armed then that seems like the logical solution.

Is there an issue open for this?

HTML custom panels have been deprecated

Just checking as I couldn’t find one.

I think there isn’t.

This is the PR:

I’ll create an issue later today.