Bwalarm (akasma74 edition)

hello
how can i reset the alarm configuration to initial state? i forgot the password and want to avoid having to re-install again…

You don’t need to reinstall anything.
If you have access to your /config folder (which you should have to install this integration), just open alarm.yaml and delete appropriate user/their code entry.

1 Like

Hi there before i can activate the alarm with windows open now if I do that alarm always trigger. What can I do to fix that? thanks by all your work!

That’s strange. How do you arm your alarm?
Could you open a new issue here and provide as much details as possible (including your alarm.yaml)?

Good day folks. I’m fairly new to this forum and HA - just wanted to say thanks for all the work you have put into this component. I added a new bug to github today concerning Arming / Disarming from Lovelace. Long story short, I want the alarm flexibility that this component provides but for the front end, I am attempting to implement TileBoard with a android tablet and a keypad - I assume this would require the Lovelace buttons to function. Like I said, I’m just getting into this, so if anyone can give me a better way to accomplish - that would be awesome too.

Version 1.7.1b is available. Please read release notes before installing/updating.

Sorry for the late reply. It’s the look of the black number buttons and the home / away buttons for arming that I liked rather than the blue ones that I currently have.

I can’t get the new version to work.

I’ve removed 1.6.0b and replaced it with 1.7.0b. I don’t see the icon over in the HA left menu. There’s no errors in the log other than the standard warning for using a custom integration. The only error I get is when doing a config check and get this:

Configuration invalid

Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

Any suggestions on what I should try?

2 ALL: let’s keep this topic for sharing ideas/asking question “How to” and not a support one, shall we?
Otherwise new users won’t read all these thousands of posts and will keep asking same question again and again.
And if you ask for help, wherever it is, it’s great to give as much details as possible.

@Allanon: could you create a new issue here and give as mush info as possible, i.e the integration bit in your configuration.yaml, version of the integration, bwalarm.yaml content and its location, how you installed the new version, HA log file content on startup etc?

Version v1.8.0b is available.
Main improvement - alarm_arm_xxx service calls are back (to enable Lovelace alarm card to set alarm) AND there are new service calls to have more control over the set alarm process (useful in automations).

Any feedback is very welcome.

Thanks for the update.

Trying to work out how to implement the new service calls.
You refer to “For more details see doc/notes.md” - but I have no idea where this file is.
Thanks.

EDIT: Found it. custom_components\bwalarm\resources\doc\notes.md

yeah, all release files including source code, additional resources, docs and examples are all in custom_components/bwalarm and its subfolders - that’s because of HACS, and it’s handy, too…

1 Like

The only thing I can figure is, I’m a total idiot.

I have HACS installed, and I install this alarm through there.

All of the relevant directories do not get installed. I’m not sure how I can mess this up, but I seem to be.

So, before I make this more complicated by over explaining, first thing : is all that is required of me to install this from HACS is to just hit install?

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, I’ve searched and I’m not seeing anything about this.

did you select “Show beta” form the right hand drop-down menu under Settings?
it should then select the latest version.
I’ve just installed v1.8.0b, works like charm.

1 Like

I did that as well, but alarm.yaml is not out into config/resources. Do I need to place it there manually?

EDIT:

Well, I did that and Alarm is now in my side bar.

Well, HACS is in charge of everything that is inside custom_components/bwalarm/
The resources folder needs to be created and copied in manually.
I’ll update the docs.

1 Like

I see. This is the first time I’ve used hacs and I was assuming it’s a full install. Thanks for your patience!

Same here :wink:
It worked for me only because the resources/bwalarm folder was already there…

1 Like

Version v1.10.0 is available.
This release is all about ignoring open sensors when setting alarm.
Hope it is more convenient and useful now.

1 Like

So, I’ve got the basics set up with all my contact sensors.

Am I right in thinking that all location-based arming and the siren should all be managed in automations?