BWT - Best Water Tech­nology - Support

Can you share more details on beta api? I am not aware of it.

Hi guys, do you know if this integration works also with BWT AQA perla 20 C?

Hi,

Would it be possible to investigate if reading data via Bluetooth would be an option? I have a BTW AQA 20 which has only BT connectivity. Thanks.

Hi Guys, Have you checked these forums:

https://community.symcon.de/t/bwt-aqa-perla-goes-ip-symcon/35259/36?page=2smar

https://bwt-real-thome-backend.azurewebsites.net

It seem there is an API. Looking forward if you can get this to work in home assistant, as this integration from @anon63427907 is not working with the Perla with VNC.

I am answering myself, you can use the RESTful sensor like this, where the productid_url is the full URL is
https://bwt-real-smarthome-backend.azurewebsites.net/api/Perla/{ProductID}

Same goes for the other APIs for getting the usage but different URL incl. productID

- platform: rest
    scan_interval: 3600
    resource: !secret bwt_productid_url
    name: "BWT Perla"
    headers:
      content-type: "application/json"
      ApiKey: !secret bwt_token
    value_template: "{{ value_json.stateTitle }}"
    json_attributes:
      - displayName
      - productCode
      - stateTitle
      - stateBody
      - deviceState
      - lastTimeDataReceived
      - remainingAmountOfResourcePercent
      - refillResourceInDays
      - isHolidayModeActive
      - scheduledHolidayModeStart
      - firmwareVersion
      - waterTreatedTotal

Hello! Can you guys help me which BWT water softeners are working with the local integration @anon63427907 was made? I’m planning to buy one but I don’t like clouds, I want it to be local. :slight_smile:

hi all, apparently my BWT was using previous version so I was able to fetch the data locally. Now, my water softener was broken and they had replaced it with a newer version and I am in the same boat with you, it is using VNC, so I will change the integration using cloud API using a configuration option.

1 Like

I confirm that cloud-api is working fine but I will check further on sync interval. Mine has been updated just 10 minutes ago and I will check further.

I don’t really understand why all companies are forcing to use their cloud. After a few years they won’t support the old devices that’s sure -I’m not talking about BWT only. What if I don’t want to share the data what and how and when I’m using? What if I don’t have internet for some reasons, with local API my phone/homeassistant/whatever can connect to the device itself and check if it needs maintenance. Of course this cloud thingie can be an alternative solution for people who don’t care security, their data, don’t have on premise home automation. But should be only an alternative to a local API. Sorry if this is offtopic for that topic.

Right, you are so right. If only they listened.

That is great news. Same here, my machine was running on Web and they installed an update, now it is VNC only.

@anon63427907 any news on the configuration parameter?

I already found out the IP address of my Auqa Perla device. But where do I find the code needed to login over http?

Could you share the api solution?
Would be great!

@anon63427907 is the new api based integration available via HACS?

Does anyone know where to find the code ?
Its not the one for the BWT account.

thx

back to here, I will focus on this integration and aiming to complete it by the end of January. I was very distracted with other integrations I maintain.

Keep in mind that, we will not have same set of sensors.

Output of device state;

{
  "displayName": "BWT Perla",
  "productCode": "XXXX-YYYY",
  "stateTitle": "Everything is OK!",
  "stateBody": "Your softener produces silky soft luxury water.",
  "deviceState": "NotSet",
  "lastTimeDataReceived": "2023-01-02T12:16:07.967+00:00",
  "remainingAmountOfResourcePercent": 80,
  "refillResourceInDays": 102,
  "isHolidayModeActive": false,
  "scheduledHolidayModeStart": null,
  "firmwareVersion": 2.0012,
  "waterTreatedTotal": 40000
}

And water consumption API is working backwards and will generate consumption of previous day, not today.

Hi!
I tried this solution but getting an error message on the syntax. As I’m not at all familiar with YAML I don’t have an idea how to solve this?! Any hint?
Screenshot 2023-01-10 171046

Edit: I finally got it correct. But where do I find the sensor now and how to use it for water comsumption?

You should see it under entities (device and services menu > entities), search for perla if you called the sensor the same as me, and there you have the properties for it:

Thank’s!
Seems that something is wrong with my setup?!
Screenshot_20230111_160449
Screenshot_20230111_160511

Do you know how to check if the API is working correct?