C by GE Direct connect lightbulbs

1. Brief description of the device or service.

C by GE now supplies direct connect WiFi bulbs that are quite affordable. They currently can be controlled by their app or Google/Alexa.

1. Link to the provider or manufacturer’s product or service page.

https://www.gelighting.com/smart-home/led-bulbs

1. Link to the service or device’s API, along with information as to whether it is public or requires an account or key. (This is extremely important because without a published API, integration of any device or service will be difficult if not impossible!)

Could not find a specific API, but someone on GitHub has figured it out. See below.

1. Any other relevant information including examples or GitHub repositories related to the device or service.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the project!

Tom

Please see below:

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, this solution is for the bluetooth versions. I have the direct connect versions using WiFi. I’ll keep looking.

1 Like

sorry, didn’t realize there is a Wifi version.

Anyone get anywhere with a c by GE/ cync integration? I got a bunch of this crap before I got into home automation and didn’t realize that it doesn’t integrate with anything. They’re not bad products, just don’t work with anything else.

1 Like

I too would like to see this integration.
For now I am using Alexa Media Player to call routines I set up in Alexa app to control it.

See here: