Caavo - Home content assistant

Anyone seen this? Seems like a novel idea (sadly missing any HA integration though)

8 HDMI inputs, works with the major cable and app streaming services including games consoles. Could be on to something.

This is an awesome device. I contacted Caavo and they said that there isn’t any API to be able to control via open source protocols. Hopefully they will change this.

i ended up going with nvidia shield devices (as they can run tasker which can receive commands via MQTT)

I didnt like shield… I had one but kept dripping off my wifi. So I got rid of it. Could have been a fluke. But i did read multiple complaints about wifi drop outs

ah, not had that problem as wire them in. been pretty solid that way tbh (and control what app, volume, play/pause, power etc from the lovelace UI)

I have a Caavo with 8 ports, 7 of the 8 are in use, after disconnecting the x-box 360 and ps3 (and no AppleTV…yet). Finding a comparable device is HARD.

Can Nvidia Shield:

• Auto switch to latest active device?
  • Auto turn on/off connected devices?
  • Be controlled to “Turn on the TV” to: turn on the receiver, turn on the tv, and switch to power-on default device (Chromecast)?
  • Can it’s remote actively control the current active devices? e.g. volume will control the receiver (not tv), the navigation keys control the active device, e.g. a roku?
  • Any way to hook up 6+ devices with its very limited 2 ports?

Sorry for all the questions… We actually love the simplicity of Caavo. It’s almost like it’s not even there. But I’d really love the ability to control [something] via HA. If anything, to monitor since our kids sleep downstairs, where our media area is. While I can watch activity on our “TV” Chromecast, I lose sight if they switch to the PS4.

Plus, our Caavo is first-gen, no 4k UHD support. I’ve been trying to find a comparable device with HDMI 4K UHD switching, at least 6+ ports.