Calculate energy and gas consumption in money with Grafana

I was wondering if it is possible to create a graph with Grafana that shows a cost overview of your electricity and gas consumption, that you read via your smart meter (Dutch meter, DSMR). So the number of kwh that you use per day is then converted into monetary values based on what you pay per kwh or m3 with your energy company.

I thought that this had already been mentioned on the forum, but I can not find it again unfortunately :frowning:
But maybe someone reacts that has this already working in Grafana? I am very curious what you have to do to get it done.

Thanks in advance!

It’s possible as long as you have a flat rate - i.e. there’s no price for peak/low hours. I still haven’t found a way and I don’t think it’s actually possible to do calculations if you have different rates.
In order to get this result, I’d suggest you take a look at emoncms

We have a fixed amount for both the low rate and high rate. The only question is how to set it up in Grafana :stuck_out_tongue: But if there is a better platform to visualize data from Home Assistant in which you can also calculate prices of your gas and electricity consumption, then I would love to hear it :slight_smile:

You are more likely to get an answer to complex grafana issues in the grafana message board.

Thank you, I will also post my question there

Then you use the Math() function and multiply the energy consumed/volume value by the fixed price.

I got that same answer from the grafana community, as you can read here.
In another topic I also found interesting information and pictures how to set it up.

So I can get started :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like