Calendar - Ability to select the "First day of the week"

The new calendar integration looks very nice, one thing I noticed is that Sunday is by default the first day of the week.

While this might be true for some people (not sure who :smiley: ) in Europe we consider Monday to be the ā€œFirst day of the weekā€.

Having somewhere in the calendard integration a settings page where we can set this would be useful.
That same settings page can be used to add additional features in the future.

Hope it makes sense :slight_smile:
Thanks

This one has already been raised multiple times as well as the issue has been raised https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/5941

Thanks for the info, but my understanding is that HA Staff wants FR here and not as an issue, so it might be better to exists here too anyway :slight_smile:

It exists on this forum too, however, devs donā€™t care and donā€™t look here at all.

I must have missed that then.

Well they always tell me to create the FR hereā€¦ but yes I know they most of the time donā€™t even look at this unfortunately

Thanks for raising this, but given the lack of interest in fixing regionalization, e.g. for 24h vs 12h, I wouldnā€™t expect this to be fixed either :-/.

1 Like

Well, we might just have to nag loud enough ā€¦ The world doesnā€™t only have countries where the week starts on Sunday!

Otherwise, I quite like this new calendar dashboard (if one sets max_results high enough for Google calendars).

1 Like

Why the hell does my calendar start on Monday? I want it to start on Sunday

Praise yourselves lucky that it starts on Monday. I wish, mine would do the same instead of SUNDAY.

change your user language. it sets your locale, changes the start day of calendar as of last update

click your user icon on hass lower left corner, change language to English-GB

9 Likes

:+1:Thanks, found it amongst the github response referenced above.

Thank you. This solved a huge problem for me! English GB instead of English fixed so that Monday is first day of week and also fixed the Garbage collection, which would say wednesday instead of thursday.