Calendar.get_events worked for 48 hours, then didn't

I had a template sensor setup to grab the day’s events from a calendar and summarise them for use in a dashboard, and it worked beautifully. For 48 hours. And then stopped working.

Now, even if I manually call calendar.get_events from the dev tools, I just get an error message.

Here’s the action call:

action: calendar.get_events
data:
  start_date_time: "2024-09-17 00:00:00"
  end_date_time: "2024-09-17 23:59:59"
target:
  entity_id: calendar.my_calendar

and here’s the error:

Failed to perform the action calendar.get_events. Script does not support 'response_variable' for service 'response_variable' which does not support response data.. Got {'type': 'execute_script', 'sequence': [{'action': 'calendar.get_events', 'data': {'start_date_time': '2024-09-17 00:00:00', 'end_date_time': '2024-09-17 23:59:59'}, 'target': {'entity_id': ['calendar.emmett']}, 'response_variable': 'service_result'}, {'stop': 'done', 'response_variable': 'service_result'}], 'id': 128}

Since failed evaluation of template sensors in startup config isn’t logged, it was tricky narrowing it down to this, but it does seem like get_events has just stopped working.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Formatting

Is that the actual action you are using? It is missing necessary indentation and has a “fancy” quote infestation…

action: calendar.get_events
data:
  start_date_time: "2024-09-17 00:00:00"
  end_date_time: "2024-09-17 23:59:59"
target:
  entity_id: calendar.example
response_variable: agenda

Yep, the formatting’s fine (my clumsy fingers hit block quote rather than preformatted text).