📆 Calendar Notifications & Actions

@Nindohana

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

I would say that you would create a action, call service, notify… your phone and in data have a delay of X to send message. I haven’t done this but that would be the way I would go as a first step. Maybe someone can jump in and help.

1 Like

Thank you !
But I suppose this solution won’t actually modify the date of my other events.
The notification action should be able to either :

• modify the date of the recurring event and the following ones
  • delete and recreate a serie of event

Love your other blueprints! Just installed Calendar. I don’t see a way to send a TTS notification? My only notification devices are ones with the companion app installed.

@fixt had a suggestion on this… maybe try that.

Blacky :smiley:

Thank you. Maybe this isn’t the right place for the automation I need, but I’ll ask. What I’d like is when I wakeup in the morning and my ‘good morning’ HA automation runs is that HA would look at my first calendar event of the day (regardless of time), then announce the time and event title via TTS. Doesn’t seem quite what the BP is intended for…or is it?

Your ‘good morning’ HA automation runs… is it a calendar event or a state event? If it is a state event then look at this blueprint. Then you would do the actions… but realy it would be best to just create a custom automation for what you are doing.

:round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions

Hope this helps.

Is the Calendar trigger optional? i want the automation to trigger on ALL calendar events, regardless of title/description. I left the trigger blank, and the BP isn’t being triggered.

Also, I would love to see the ability to add conditions for notifications/actions. For example, only notify/alert if my home presence is true (just like your light sensor BP). And I also only want alerts between certain hours as well.

Currently you need to use a key word.

For me to understand, why would you want to trigger on every calendar event and not just use a key word?

Hi @Blacky This works a treat, i follow your above guide but the only thing that doesnt seem to work is there is no action buttons that appear on the notification. I have checked to ensure i have exact;y the same setup as above and I do but is there something i need to change on my phone to show them?

@Garrycollins1978

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

It is a bit tricky… push lightly and hold the notification (don’t tap) and the buttons appear… down side you get one shot that is just HA.

Perfect thank you and that works a treat! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a remote worker, and have my work calendar sync’d to HA. I want an alert (I’ll be using TTS) 2 minutes before every work meeting. And I want two conditions in the BP: A) I’m home B) Between certain hours. And I can’t modify the meeting details to include a keyword, or any symbols like # or @.

This is pretty easy to do in an automation. Use a calendar entity as the trigger and then set your desired offset.

@DuckDuck25

Thanks for your suggestions, I will put them on the list.

New Update 1.3

New Feature :new:

• You now have an option to use “Key Words” or to trigger on every calendar event.
  • You now have an option set any global condition you like.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Hi Blacky,
That’s great, but if use key word, automation not working. Is ended in first three steps.
The notification also waits until I open the app on my phone.
That’s why I use this code in my notification automations:

data:
   ttl: 0
   priority: high

Then the notification will appear immediately. How can I add it here?

Thanks

@Dejmal69

That is strange as it is working perfectly here. What is the 3rd step, is it when you have to make a decision on a action button? It will stop there an wait for you.

This is your phone / HA app setting. If you set it up correctly it will come through.

I create event with Test name. The automation code:

alias: Test kalendář
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/calendar-notifications-and-actions.yaml
  input:
    calendar: calendar.tomas
    calendar_trigger: "@Test"
    start_notify_device:
      - 7ae6e56f635c16314b1da300e61024ec
    include_start_action_buttons:
      - enable_start_action_button_1
    start_action_button_1: OK
    start_action_button_stop: OK
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    include_end_notify: enable_end_notify_options
    end_notify_device:
      - 7ae6e56f635c16314b1da300e61024ec
    include_calendar_trigger: enable_key_word

Believe me, no settings in my mobile solved the problem. If it was possible, I wouldn’t solve it any other way.

Thanks for any advice.