📆 Calendar Notifications & Actions

@Garrycollins1978

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

It is a bit tricky
 push lightly and hold the notification (don’t tap) and the buttons appear
 down side you get one shot that is just HA.

Blacky :smiley:

Perfect thank you and that works a treat! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a remote worker, and have my work calendar sync’d to HA. I want an alert (I’ll be using TTS) 2 minutes before every work meeting. And I want two conditions in the BP: A) I’m home B) Between certain hours. And I can’t modify the meeting details to include a keyword, or any symbols like # or @.

This is pretty easy to do in an automation. Use a calendar entity as the trigger and then set your desired offset.

@DuckDuck25

Thanks for your suggestions, I will put them on the list.

New Update 1.3

New Feature :new:

• You now have an option to use “Key Words” or to trigger on every calendar event.
  • You now have an option set any global condition you like.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Hi Blacky,
That’s great, but if use key word, automation not working. Is ended in first three steps.
The notification also waits until I open the app on my phone.
That’s why I use this code in my notification automations:

data:
   ttl: 0
   priority: high

Then the notification will appear immediately. How can I add it here?

Thanks

@Dejmal69

That is strange as it is working perfectly here. What is the 3rd step, is it when you have to make a decision on a action button? It will stop there an wait for you.

This is your phone / HA app setting. If you set it up correctly it will come through.

I create event with Test name. The automation code:

alias: Test kalendáƙ
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/calendar-notifications-and-actions.yaml
  input:
    calendar: calendar.tomas
    calendar_trigger: "@Test"
    start_notify_device:
      - 7ae6e56f635c16314b1da300e61024ec
    include_start_action_buttons:
      - enable_start_action_button_1
    start_action_button_1: OK
    start_action_button_stop: OK
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    include_end_notify: enable_end_notify_options
    end_notify_device:
    include_calendar_trigger: enable_key_word

Believe me, no settings in my mobile solved the problem. If it was possible, I wouldn’t solve it any other way.

Thanks for any advice.

@Dejmal69

Thanks for providing your YAML and your trace line. I can see the problem you have is within your keyword. Please check your keyword and note the capital “T” in Test. You keyword must be identical copy paste if you have to. If you haven’t added your keyword to the calendar event then you will need to add it into the summary or description. Also note if using the same button name “OK” you will probably find that only one buttons shows up so make sure your button names are not the same.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks for Your quick reply. While creating event are two items. Summary and description. I test keyword in summary or both. The words were always identical. I tried different variants, but it works only without keyword. Now i tried new event with word Ahoj.

alias: Test kalendáƙ
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/calendar-notifications-and-actions.yaml
  input:
    calendar: calendar.tomas
    calendar_trigger: "@Ahoj"
    start_notify_device:
    include_start_action_buttons: []
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    include_end_notify: enable_end_notify_options
    end_notify_device:
    include_calendar_trigger: enable_key_word

You missed the @ symbol add this to your decription @Ahoj 
 It is like a password that links your calendar event to the automation. I call it key word. :wink:

Let us know how you go.

Thanks. Now it working. But originaly i tried complet without @ (in calendar and automation) and it didn’t work. Is @ required?

No, you can use any word but it is a good idea to use a word that your not ever going to be used to describe something in a normal sentence, so adding @ or # or $ etc into a key word is a good way of doing this :wink:

Glad you got it up and going.

I’m sure I missed it, but are there any options for custom notifiers? I use a script to handle all notifications.

Great project by the way, Thank You.

@ServiceXp

Yep, just use the start or end auto action options. You have 3 of each you can use. Then in your action select call service / scripts: Turn on and select your script.

@samuelthng has a realy nice blueprint for a script notification with a lot of options. He is very active and supports his blueprint to date. Click Here if you would like to check it out.

Hope this helps you.

Blacky :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for taking my suggestions to heart! You are an amazing BP author! Donated!

Fantastic Reply (‘Pictures are my favorite’) :grin: ! Thank You.