📆 Calendar Notifications & Actions

Oh my gosh, that’s incredible… Thank you so much!

1 Like

hi

woud like to know I follow all the instruction however there is no button for me to cancel either comfirm. would like to know where should I set it up right to see the button in IOS system

thanks a lot

@rayhongw

Welcome to the community.

I not sure if you set it up correctly but if you have when you get the message on your iOS device then you need to tap and hold the message then the buttons appear. With iOS you have one shot at doing it or the message will disappear… there is nothing I can do about that it is iOS.

If this doesn’t work then could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on “</>” and paste code in there.

Blacky :smiley:

hihi

here is the code. eveything show up in ios now. however it pick up the notification eveyday even there is no event on that date. Can you help me to check anything goes wrong?

thanks

alias: home/recycle
description: “”
use_blueprint:
path: Blackshome/calendar-notifications-and-actions.yaml
input:
calendar: calendar.calendar
calendar_trigger: “#recycle
start_calendar_offset:
hours: -9
minutes: 0
seconds: 0
days: 0
end_calendar_offset:
hours: -10
include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
start_notify_device:
- 35c3e10ea63a245c18c7b6b2da353676
- 23e08b88422496c13e1fd08a2ada308a
- 837c45b30d98541be1a4bfa0f27acfff
- fe75248c319cbebd6c27c77b3ab99179
- 6506c80b6511647e8b3f7230fcb8d830
- 9488f255ec7a3409f02d73278b7e8cee
- b95d940fbbe15511d33082afa051b520
start_message: 記得要去丟回收
include_start_action_buttons:
- enable_start_action_button_1
start_action_button_1: 有人整理回收了嗎?
start_action_button_stop: 已經有人去整理回收,準備要丟。
start_time_delay:
hours: 0
minutes: 13
include_start_action_button_confirmation: enable_start_action_button_confirmation
start_action_button_confirmation_title: “{{ trigger.calendar_event.summary }}”
start_time_delay_confirmation_message: 回收車在5分鐘後到,記得丟回收
start_action_button_confirmation_message: 回收整理完畢

Can you re post your YAML again and this time use the ‘</>’ button just above where you type. Paste your code in there and it will keep the correct format for me.

sorry my bad

here comes the right fromat

alias: home/recycle
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  input:
    calendar: calendar.bin_recycle
    calendar_trigger: "#recycle"
    start_calendar_offset:
      hours: -9
    end_calendar_offset:
      hours: -10
    include_start_notify: enable_start_notify_options
    start_notify_device:
      - 35c3e10ea63a245c18c7b6b2da353676
      - 23e08b88422496c13e1fd08a2ada308a
      - 837c45b30d98541be1a4bfa0f27acfff
      - fe75248c319cbebd6c27c77b3ab99179
      - 6506c80b6511647e8b3f7230fcb8d830
      - 9488f255ec7a3409f02d73278b7e8cee
      - b95d940fbbe15511d33082afa051b520
    start_message: 記得要去丟回收
    start_action_button_1: 有人整理回收了嗎?
    start_action_button_stop: 已經有人去整理回收,準備要丟。
    start_time_delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 13
    include_start_action_button_confirmation: enable_start_action_button_confirmation
    start_action_button_confirmation_title: "{{ trigger.calendar_event.summary }}"
    start_time_delay_confirmation_message: 回收車在5分鐘後到,記得丟回收
    start_action_button_confirmation_message: 回收整理完畢

thanks a lot

@rayhongw

That’s better… thanks.

Looking at it you have an offset of -9 for the start… so if you are using an all day event the event starts at 12am and finishes at 12am there are 24 hrs between these times… it is hard to get your head around and it always get me to. So say your all day event is on the 10th then a start offset of -9 will send you a notification on the 9th at 3pm. You have -10 for the end so your notification will be on the 10th at 2pm but it is not enabled so nothing will be sent just trying to explain how it works. If you would like to be notified on the day then you are probably looking for an offset of start 15 then you will get notified on the 10th at 3pm.

Only events with #recycle will be sent.

Hope this helps you… let us know how you go.

thanks mate
u r legend!!! i think the reason why is I set the time wrong, thats the reason why notification wasnt match the calender event. also i hav work out how ios system buttom workes

thanks for your instruction.

1 Like

@rayhongw

Your welcome thanks for letting us know.

I thought I’d followed the FAQ correctly but if I set an event to trigger I get the following in the trace…

Triggered by the at September 14, 2024 at 10:20:00 AM

Test Test if any of 2 conditions matches

Stopped because a condition failed at September 14, 2024 at 10:20:00 AM (runtime: 0.00 seconds)

From the yaml below…

alias: Buy chocolate test
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  input:
    calendar: calendar.our_home
    calendar_trigger: "@chocolate"
    start_notify_device:
      - 36ff6a484fec01e6472723975767b91d
      - 061bd4452a970d75aaef51342351da1a
      - 2aa26a308b387c602f886b697ee2b7e9
    start_notify_data:
      - high_priority
    start_action_button_1: Bought some
    start_action_button_confirmation_title: Bought
    start_action_button_confirmation_message: Bought
    start_action_button_stop_confirmation_message: Not bought
    start_time_delay_confirmation_message: too late

Can anyone suggest what condition may have failed?

@reg.phenna

I have had a look at your YAML.

First you need to enable the start notify option as shown below.

Next your need to put some text in the cancel button as shown below.

You should be all good to go, make the changes and test it out… let us know how you go.

1 Like

Hi, if I have more than one calendar at the same time, the HA app will show only one notification. It will not stack them. If I set them up with 1 min apart, then will work fine and will stack them fine. Is the issue with the blueprint or the app?

Ignore my post. I updated the blueprint to the latest version and now works fine. I had no idea that I must update blueprints too… Thanks!

Dear all,

Forgive me if this request has been shared before, but a quick search didn’t gave me any proper results.

For years, I have been using the Homey iCal integration to receive notifications for new and modified events from my iCal calendar via the Homey platform (IcalCalendar App for Homey | Homey). However, Home Assistant does not currently support a similar integration, which would greatly benefit users who rely on iCal for managing their schedules and want to be notified about changes made in their calendars.

Key Features:

1. New Event Notifications: Send notifications to Home Assistant whenever a new event is added to the iCal calendar.
  2. Modified Event Notifications: Notify users when an existing event has been updated, allowing for real-time changes in automations.

The source code for the existing Homey iCal integration is publicly available on GitHub (GitHub - runely/calendar-homey: Gives Homey flow cards to trigger on your calendar events), which could serve as a starting point for development within Home Assistant.

I was curious to understand if this functionality could be added to the blueprint or not.

Thanks for taking this into consideration!

Thanks for that Blacky, I shall try to do it right this time!