Call 911 or some emergency assistance

hi, im looking for some advice/help or guide, im not sure that i set the right category forum, i want to develop some kind of automatization that make a call using a sip trunk to the 911, my mother its an old lady and sometimes im away from home and she is alone and with out anyone arround i have develp some automatizations to help her in some ways but in the end if she cant say a word to alexa etc she wont have the help that she needs, so i think that if she use an smart button like the flic can help her i created some stuff it does part of the job but in the end problem time …
i think that a good way could be make a call using asterisk and a sip call with some kind of tts or robotic call that let the home assistant know to the 911 operator that she needs help…
i just have installed some asterisk addons and the sip lovelance card etc and i have access to a full issabell and freepbx servers with trunk that i can use to call and have a lil basic knowlege abouth asterisk and those pbx
if anyone has any idea or guide me so i can i do this i will really apretiate it

thanks

You need to check with your local dispatch centre if this is allowed first, several states and parts of Canada prohibit automatic 911 dialling.

Do not call 911 to check. Look up the dispatch office number.

Try this, [New Addon] DSS VoIP Notifier: Hassio makes phone calls to you! ☎️ but be aware of what @tom_l says.

hi, thanks for answer, i live in Guayaquil-Ecuador and maybe you have seen the news but the country have become a mess…
in the last years i have trying to develop a full automated home that help her and even given her some sensor just to letme know how is she when im away and trying to make it the more offline since we dont have the best connections etc…
i think that they will not notice if a robot voice or a previus recording asking for help its maded in the call so that part wont be a problem :slight_smile:
so if you have some ideas of how to acomplish this will be cool :smile:

Sorry I forgot to include the link in my last post! fixed now.

Yolink with virtualarm.

hi, thanks for anwser me, its a really cool addon, but looks like the old pbx servers that and maybe dont support the sip uri? to be honest its the first time that i read about sip uri.
I have in in my office 1 freepbx 15 with asterisk 13 and another issabel 4 with asterisk 11 and im testing the new issabel 5 with asterisk 16, all their extensions are local and the sip trunks that are conected to them are hardwired to the ont/router that the local provider trunk provider give us after install some fiber so they dont use internet to connect to some sip trunk provider…
So in the end those servers arent connetc to internet directly but i have access to them from home using a vpn etc so i can access them like it was localy and i have a sip phone here with an extension that letme do outbound/extenal calls like to my cellphone etc…
im not so sure what to do i already created some sip uri extesions i think and the log showme this

Add-on: DSS VoIP Notifier
 VoIP Notifier for Home Assistant
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on version: 4.0.0
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 11.4  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2024.1.2
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.12.0
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[Info] Starting addon...
[Info] Registering as SIP Client...
                  SIP Client registered.

Call <sip:[email protected]>/VoIP phone number
 to check system status.
 You'll find logs in /share/dss_voip/dss_autoanswer.log
PLATFORM_TTS = 'google_translate'
[Info] Listening for messages via stdin service call...

when i run the script the addon stop working and no call its maded
how can i create or config a sip uri extension in elastix or freepbx? or asterisk 13/16? and let it make outboun/external calls using sip uri?

okey never mind i finally did… the sip uri thing wasnt the problem was the google tts… i used another addon the ha-sip https://github.com/arnonym/ha-plugins its like the DSS voip notifier and was havving the same problem but it give me more info in the logs and specify more about the config of the tts etc so it helpme to understand where was my problem
thanks to everyone

thanks for all your help