Camera from Scrypted in Home Assistant

@cjazinski your best bet is to be on the camera page and click ‘Console’ button to display the console above the camera. From there, as Bikey showed, create the webhook and scroll the console page until you see similar to the following:

This is displayed as soon as you click ‘Save’ on the webhook creation. You then need to add /takePicture to the end of the local base URL

5 Likes

What is the URL to be used if you’re running Scrypted inside of HA? The HA IP does not work.

I’m also running Scrypted as a HASS plugin. Try something like

rtsp://homeassistant.local:yourrebroadcastcode

I’ve been using Scrypted to rebroadcast my camera feeds from an old Hikvision NVR and from my Unifi NVR. While it works, I often get “Error starting stream, see logs for details (Stream never started)” on all of my cameras at the same time which leads me to believe the issue is not specific to the NVRs but to something downstream.

In my logs, a couple of the errors I found were:

ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.doorbell_camera] Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (INVALIDDATA, Invalid data found when processing input)
ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.doorbell_camera] Error from stream worker: Stream ended; no additional packets

No idea on where to go with this… has anyone dealt with this?

Hi,
Are you using Scrypted NVR ? What is your experience so far ? Did you use the Google TPU ? Did you use the different Scrypted cards ?
PS I just started using them due to integration to HomeKit and Alexa but am considering using them also for Home Assistant or an additional NVR

I just set up Scrypted on an N100 NVR/NAS box running Proxmox (this one, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004707346132.html, with 16GB RAM and a 128GB NVMe). I transplanted two 2TB drives from my Dahua NVR.

It works extremely well with my seven 4K cameras. No need for a TPU.

Things I had to work out:

Don’t use the Amcrest plugin for Dahua cameras. It does not detect motion correctly. Use the ONVIF plugin. Edit: no, it does work

If using the Proxmox helper script to install Scrypted: After installing stop the Scrypted LXC and back it up. Then restore it as a privileged LXC. This way you can add HDD directories to the LXC resources using the Proxmox UI. Otherwise it is a whole bunch of messing about with the CLI to do this with an unprivileged LXC. EDIT: dont do this. follow the documentation.

The N100 rendering card in the LXC resources may change when the host is power cycled (like when I moved the NVR from my test bench to my rack). If the Scrypted LXC refuses to start because of a dev/dri/card0 error try changing card0 to card1 or vise-versa.

There are loop blocking issues with the Scrypted integration that need fixing: Detected blocking call to open inside the event loop · Issue #17 · koush/ha_scrypted · GitHub

I had a play around with MQTT but prefer using the Home Assistant ONVIF integration for motion sensors and snapshots. These will keep working even if Scrypted is down.

Also I just use the Scrypted link in the left menu rather than using the dedicated cards.

On the whole very happy with the NVR and will be paying the yearly subscription.

So you didn’t take the NVR (paid) version. Correct ? What about 2 way communication ?

1 Like

Incorrect. After my 2 day trial I…