Camera tile in appdaemon after upgrade 77.1

Hi,
Just upgraded to .77.1 and set up user/password no problem. The only thing I can’t get to work is the camera panel on my tablet that’s set up to display appdaemon. All other panels/tiles are working fine. I also get an error message in hass.io saying there was a failed login from the tablet ip.
I guess I’m missing a bit of config somewhere but don’t know what it is. Any help appreciated!

P.s. The camera is connected to a seperate/external raspberry pi, and displays fine on the standard (ip):8123 interface, and I’ve logged into that fine on the tablet, it’s just appdaemon that doesn’t quite work.

(edit)
I’ve just tried the instructions in this thread to add authentication/legacy_api_password, but still the camera feed does not display.

i didnt update myself, but i know that the cam in the dashboard is some kind of workaround.
and that could be a problem.

can you still use the url that you have in the dashboard to display the cam in a browser?

Yes, url still works.

then you have another problem, unrelated to the upgrade.
did you change anything in between? SSL, proxyserver, etc?

if the url (with api password) that you put in the dashboard works, it can only be something like ssl that has changed, in AD nothing has changed. and the authentication to that url hasnt changed.(or the url wouldnt work)

so its a coinsidence (and something like cashe is troubeling you) or you must have changed something.

Thanks very much for your help Rene, I’ll keep trying.
I just noticed that my “glances” card (which shows stats for the pi running the camera) is not working either, which made me think it was an access/permissions problem from hass.io to the pi However, the appdaemon camera config looks at http://192.168.1.113:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.pi_cam…(i.e my hassio install) not directly at the pi with the camera.

the dashboard looks at the home assistant server.
and the homeassistant server looks your camera.

so if the connection between the cam and your homeassistant (which runs on hassio) isnt correct then the dashboard cant find it.

so the steps are always:

1. restart everything (including the device running everything)
  2. check if everything is working as it should be in home assistant
  3. check for errors in the log from home assistant and appdaemon
  4. restart the dashboard(s)
  5. when something isnt working as suspected check the logs again

This is the interesting thing - I can view the camera on the standard hassio dashboard. I can also use everything (except the camera) on the appdaemon dashboard.
So connection from camera to hassio is fine. Connection from dashboard to hassio is fine.
I’ve restarted everything many times. There are no errors in the appdaemon log and the only things that hassio reports is “Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from (appdaemon tablet ip)”

so the url in the dashboard is invalid.
please try to talk about things exactly.

hassio is something like windows or linux, an operating system
home assistant is a program that you can run on hassio or linux or windows

the webpage that shows all your sensor values and for which you configure the camera is a webpage that is from your homeassistant server.

in hassio you can also run other addons (programs like samba, etc which is nothing more then a program like word or paint). they have there own user interface.
i expect that you talk about the homeassistant frontend(GUI) when you say hassio dashboard, but there could also be a camera addon and then the camera is connected to another program.

the error is an homeassistant error. so it seems like that the webpage (dashboard) tries to access your homeassistant server without the right authorisation.

what is exactly in your dashboard?
how does the appdaemon log look after restart?
how does your appdaemon.yaml look?
and did you put extra lines in the home assistant configuration?
what is the url that you tried to view the camera in a browser?

You’re correct. I’ve finally fixed it. Thanks very much for all of your help and suggestions, the issue was a couple of rouge quotes around the password in the URL called by the dashboard (yes, this was pretty much the first thing you suggested to check, so how I didn’t spot it or said “that works ok” is a mystery. I may have tested the URL used by home assistant, instead of appdaemon)

In case anyone else need to know what the line should look like, here’s mine that works.

entity_picture: http://<hassio_ip>:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.pi_cam?token=""&api_password=<api_password>

you are not the only one. thats why i keep questioning people untill i am certain they really did what i suggested :wink:
but at least you are big enough to admit it, and that will help you to get control of it the next time you need help :wink:

thanks for showing others your solution.