Camera unavailable - Frigate card

Hi all, was just wondering if someone could help. Since upgrading Frigate to V13, the Frigate card on the front-end gives the following error for cameras not running, instead of giving the typical ‘No frames have been received, check error logs’ (just like it does in the Frigate UI).

Does anyone know how to solve this? Not all of our cameras are running when at home, hence why I would normally get the ‘No frames have been received…’ error in the Frigate card, but with this new error, the card can’t be used until I close the HA app or browser session.

I receive the error across all browsers and the app. Frigate is running in an LXC, and HA in a VM in Proxmox. As mentioned, I had no issues before upgrading Frigate, the proxy add-on and the Lovelace card…

1 Like

Same problem, didn’t manage to fix it, what about you?

No, not so far.

Did it also happen to yours when you upgraded to Frigate v13? And was yours working fine before that?

same issue here. Before upgrade frigate card and frigate software, the camera works well. But after the upgrade is have the same issue. Sometimes i got the message comera unavailable and sometimes no frames received.

Same issue here, it looks like it’s been fixed back in Oct Deal with camera unavailability in a cleaner way by dermotduffy · Pull Request #1283 · dermotduffy/frigate-hass-card · GitHub but there hasn’t been an updated release since June 23, hopefully this may be on the way.

I’m not aware of a way to get HACS to pull a dev version but I imagine this would fix it if possible.

Same here, using 13 Beta and now switched to 13.
SOLUTION go to settings → integration and there you will see the beta integration isn’t working. Add integration and the new integration will be automatically made.

Could you PLEASE provide a bit more detail on how to revert back to version 13

Yes, please explain in more detail because I can’t see where you mean. Also, are describing this for the add-on, or docker install (I’m running Fridays in docker, and use the Frigate proxy in HA).

Same issue here. Does anyone have any news?

You can try to edit dashboard with frigate card and try to configure it again.
If it doesnt work you should post your frigate config.yml file here.

Hi, this is the config I had been using for a few months, before the problems. Anything you can see that’s wrong, or should be updated?

type: custom:frigate-card
cameras:
  - camera_entity: camera.front_door
    live_provider: go2rtc
    go2rtc:
      modes:
        - webrtc
  - camera_entity: camera.back_garden
    live_provider: go2rtc
    go2rtc:
      modes:
        - webrtc