Camera Widget Blank White Image

Hi Guys,

Probably a question that’s been answered but i’m struggling here and after looking through some previous posts, i’m still at a loss to figure this one out.
I have 4 Swann cameras that i’ve manually created entities for in the configuration.yaml script and also have home assistant installed on my android phone.
The cameras display a live feed via a picture entity card on the HADB without issue. However, when I try to create a camera widget on my phone using the respective entity for the camera i’m trying to view, the widget ends up just being a white box with no feed whatsoever.
Not sure what i’m doing wrong but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does your camera support image when not live streaming inside home assistant?

I have multiple cameras and this is working very well for me.

I have no idea but i’m assuming not I guess? They’re Swann cameras that I had to manually write the script for so there’s no integration for them.

Please create a lovelace card inside home assistant to view camera entity, but not live view and share the output. Moreover sharing your YAML lines about these cameras would help.

So this is the output as requested:

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.cctv_cam_01
image: https://demo.home-assistant.io/stub_config/bedroom.png
camera_image: camera.cctv_cam_01
show_name: true
show_state: false

This is the YAML line for the camera associated above:

camera:

Do you see a white/black empty image inside home assistant for picture entity?

Edit: i double checked the code and it should support camera image out of the box.

Sometimes, i need to click on widget to refresh the image. Can you give it a try?

On the dashboard of HA in my web browser and on the app in my phone, I can see a live feed of the cameras.

Tapping on the images was mentioned on the instructions like you say but it never seems to do anything.

Any errors in the logs?

Nothing relating to the cameras

did you check HA core logs or logs in app configuration?

That was the HA core log. I can upload the in app log if you think that will help.
In addition, with the widget pinned to my home screen and looking at the widgets tab of the HA app, the app indicates that there are no widgets found.

Remove the widget off the home screen and create a new one. That’s the cause for no image because it’s missing from our database.