Can anyone recommend a decent priced zigbee dimmer switch?

Currently I use Deconz for zigbee control of everything, and am looking for some dimmer switches to get around the whole problem of my kids turning off the power to my Phillips Hue bulbs with the wall switches. None of my bulbs are color, so I really just need the ability to make the lights brighter/dimmer.

I tried looking on Amazon, but even when I search for “zigbee” in the dimmer category, almost nothing that comes up seems to mention Zigbee compatibility. :frowning:

Any recommendations?

The philips hue dimmer works. Just a ‘hold button until you reach the level you want.’ method. (it works by sending the signal repeatedly while held. so you right an automation to deal with that.)

Ikea is another option.

1 Like

Thanks @Fuzzysteve . I looked up the Phillips Hue dimmer and they seemed to retail for about $50USD, and I looked up the Ikea dimmers and they look like they do everything I need… for about $5USD(!) each, so I ordered 8 Ikea ones and I’ll see how they go and report back here. I could imagine eventually also using these as generic switches for other things like the volume on music playing etc

The Ikea ones aren’t fancy, but they ended up doing the job quite nicely. You have to be a little careful pushing the buttons, or the controller slips off the magnetic plate, but it’s quite nice that it’s removable (use from bed / the sofa!) and I like that they report their battery levels. They also integrate really easily with Phoscon (the software for the Dresden Electronics Conbee 2 zigbee adapter). Overall, I’m pretty happy with how they worked out at a measly five bucks a piece!

Hi @Synappz, I’m in the process of expanding my system with zigbee.
Did you start immediately with the Conbee 2 stick and Phoscon?

Regarding the dimmer: did you buy the rotary or push button version?

Yes, after some research I started out with the Conbee 2 (which comes with Phoscon). The ones I got were the push button ones, although I must admit that the rotary dial intrigues me. For the price it’s worth getting one just to experiment… :thinking: