Can HA allow Tuya wifi sensor to switch on yeelight bulbs V3?

Hello. I am new here and I have yet to dip my nose into setting up HA. My house is running yeelights v3 bulbs and it unfortunately does not support any door sensor provided by XiaoMi… I am wondering if HA can somehow use the door sensor from tuya to control yeelight? Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Tuya can’t control yeelight native. And the tuya integration in HA does not support tuya sensors. So it can’t be done directly (through tuya) or indirect (through HA)

1 Like

Thank you for the answer!

I’ve achieved something similar using Sonoff Mini and YeeLight bulbs via Automations:
The trigger is the switch state

entity_id: switch.SWITCH_ENTITY_NAME
platform: state

The action is calling service light.toggle

data: {}
entity_id: light.LAMP_ENTITY_NAME
service: light.toggle

Basically, the automation toggles lightbulbs state, based on any state change of the switch (doesn’t matter, whether it’s turned on or off. I configured it that way, because I also trigger the light from my phone occasionally, via Google Assistant or via other automations). Nevertheless, using some conditions amd a bit more complicated automation, you can sync switch and bulb statuses - if needed.

If your devices are configured to communicate via LAN (not sure about Tuya, but YeeLight bulbs can do that) - works like charm.

1 Like

Wow looking at this it totally seem possible. I have some tuya relays in my house and they seem to work even when my internet was down so i guess they are automatically configured to work via LAN.

Relays, switches, lights, covers all work with the tuya platform. Motion and door sensors don’t.

Ah I see. Well at least it looks like I can use sonoff/tuya switches to toggle my yeelight… better than nothing. Thank you.