Can HA's HomeKit integration auto-discover in Docker-for-Mac

Hi,

Is there a (simple) way for the HomeKit integration to auto-discover when running HA in Docker-for-Mac or must I move to HAOS in a VM (UTM,VirtualBox?) to do this? Does Docker in a Debian VM make any sense at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

TLDR;
I manage 2 instances of Homeassistant (in 2 homes).

• The one (my house) is a Docker install on DietPi (DietPi is a lightweight Debian OS).
  • The 2nd (mum’s house) is Docker for Mac.

Right now, mums install does everything well (Hue integration, Hive integration and others) but I now understand that Docker-for-Mac is a VM in itself and does not support:

• network: host
  • USB passthrough

I want to enable auto-discovery of HomeKit (so mum can issue Siri voice commands) and, as I use a Sonoff stick on my RPi, I can imagine that I will eventually move mum to that as well to reducing her number of hubs and make a stringer single Zigbee network.

Is there a way to this or do I need to move to HAOS in VirtualBox (per official recommendation)?
Is there any sense in moving to Docker in VirtualBox or UTM or is that just dumb?

I (think I) prefer Docker as I’m not worried about the add-on store and I feel more in control of upgrade/downgrades in Docker.