Can home assistant send queries and receive inputs via the same method (other than email, preferably)?

Inspired by Craig Ward’s full color sunrise alarm clock, I am working on a sunrise “alarm” that is a little more versatile. To determine when the lights start up, I’d like HA to send the wife and I each a message (SMS or push) to which we could respond with the alarm time. I’ve read that email can be used, but feel like that’d be a bit clunky. Are there any alternatives?

Link to Craig’s site: https://midwinter.cc/post/using-home-assistant-and-philips-hue-to-create-a-full-colour-sunrise-alarm-clock_H1waliSbG

Telegram.

Html5 allows adding buttons that control action(it will send action to HA).

I haven’t tried this but may give a try and let you know. I have a project in need of that actually

This works.

I recieve HTML5 notification when Motion at Gate or when someone push doobell at gate.
Within the notification I have Photo from camera at gate and button that allows me to OpenGate if I desire

#################################################
##       NOTIFY DOORBELL RING/MOTIO            ##
#################################################
- alias: 'Notify Gate Motion'
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.ring_entry_gate_ding
      to: 'on'
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.ring_entry_gate_motion
      to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: notify.notify
      data:
        title: 'Entry Gate Motion'
        message: '{{ as_timestamp(now()) | timestamp_custom(''%H:%M'', true) }}'
        data:
          tag: alert
          url: 'https://HA/kiosk/group.garage'
          image: "https://HA/api/camera_proxy/camera.south_gate?api_password=password"
          vibrate: "700, 700, 700"
          renotify: 1
          timestamp: 'now()'
          actions:
            - action: Open_Entry_Gate
              #icon: "/static/icons/favicon-192x192.png"
              title: "Open Gate"
            - action: "Dismiss"
              #icon: "/static/icons/favicon-192x192.png"
              title: "Dismiss"

##################################################
#     ACTION HTML5 ACTION OPEN ENTRY GATE       #
##################################################
- alias: 'HTML5 Open Entry Gate Pushed'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: html5_notification.clicked
    event_data:
      action: Open_Entry_Gate
  action:
    service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.entry_gate

Unfortunately the wife is iOS so I think that’s already out. The gate thing you’ve got going on is awesome though.

I started playing with telegram yesterday and got to where I could interact via in-line. But was having some trouble with interacting via text - the next big step is going to be learning how to work with the variable that we respond with (I also wan’t reminders if we don’t respond within and hour).

Since you are using Ios have you looked at the ios app and actionable notifications?

I have a few setup and they work flawlessly.

Edit: a bit limited with only 4 hard coded options. would only work if you have regular schedule.

Briefly - I use android though :slight_smile: (gotta have my tasker)