Can i acess my home assistant with NO-IP.org?

I would like to know if is possible acess home assistant with no-ip.org.
because i have a problem with configuration duck dns.

when i write this line:
./duck.sh
dont show me anything,

I use dyndns.org instead of DuckDNS. And my IP is updated from my router, not my rPi. Any dynamic DNS server will work.

can you tell me how you configure dyndns?

It’s going to depend on your setup. My router (Netgear R7000) has support for it. You sign up for an account (not free, IIRC), then put your credentials in the right field and you’re done. The router updates Dyndns every time your public IP changes.

IIRC, there are also clients that you can run on any machine in your house if your router doesn’t support a dynamic DNS.

But if you need help with DuckDNS, here’s a great step-by-step from @brusc:

2 Likes

i configure my dns on my router . its ok
my problem is about configuration in site no.ip.org,

I’m using no-ip.org with home assistant. You need to set up your router to do two things:

1. Automatically update no-ip.org with your router’s outside IP (most of the modern routers have a section for setting up dynamic dns, but as every one of them is different you’ll have to check your manual)

2. Port forward port 443 to port 8123 (this is actually mentioned in the video that @ih8gates referenced above). NOTE: this is assuming that you have set up SSL. If you haven’t, then do that first please. You don’t want to expose your HA instance to the outside world without doing that first!

3 Likes

If you find this confusing, you might be better off following the instructions from the video I linked-to. You’re also going to need to figure out port-forwarding. And you’ll likely want encryption (Let’sEncrypt) for security. This vid covers all of that.

2 Likes

hi folks, thanks all for the support, now already works.
Regards from Portugal.

1 Like

I have the router configuration with noip but what i do on my hassio that it use the noip dns? Just the port forward?

You’ll want to do the following:

1. Create a reserved IP address for the device running Home Assistant.
  2. Set up port forwarding.
  3. Type your no-ip URL followed by the port.

DuckDns is not working any more for me.
Since I have used noip for a few years on other devices I want to change.

Does anyone have a tutorial and sample of configuration.yaml on how to set it up.
I have followed the directions on many of the posts but still no go.
My biggest problem is that LetsEncrypt will not install even tried certbot and still no go. It keeps timing out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Are you on Hassio or Hassbian? If you are on Hassio, the Duck DNS add-on already has Let’s Encrypt built in.

Any luck on figuring out how to set up no ip on hassio? Id like to know as well

Hassio has nothing to do with it.

No luck. I reinstalled everything and duckdns has been working ever since.

Can you elaborate

No-ip is simply a DNS hostname. A way to translate a name to an IP. It has nothing to do with home assistant. Home Assistant doesn’t handle the DNS.

1 Like

Question was how to get certificate via Let’s Encrypt for domain from provider NO-IP instead of DuckDNS.
I have same issue. I am using mydomain.noip.me so I have no reason to go via DuckDNS. Hassio offers standallone addon Let’s Encrypt (without DuckDNS) but certificates are not generated. It returns Timeout during connect

The stand alone Let’s Encrypt runs normal http verification, and not DNS verification like the DuckDNS addon.

You can generate the certs yourself manually every 3 months and drop the certs in the config directory. You don’t NEED HassIO to do that for you.

Or you could stand up TRAEFIK, Caddy, or NGINX + Let’s Encrypt as a reverse proxy in front of HassIO and let it handle the certificates, leaving hassio out of the equation.

I don’t want to do it manually and keep in mind when certificate expires if Hassio can do it automatically.
Now it is working, ISP was blocking port 80. They open it and certificate was created. So I don’t need other tools to make stuff complicated.