Can I control this LED strip BT controller?

Hello. I have got my LED strip + Bluetooth controller but that controller is not so popular and there is no single mention of the brand/company. It can be controlled by the “Zengge” android app only via Bluetooth.
Since there is no brand or company on the product, I do not know even how to search for the solution.

Basically, I want to control my LED strip via Home Assistant. I have RPI 3+ with a BT module.

On the image is an LED strip, IR remote, and BT controller (a little black box with QR codes on it).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

No guarantees … but I bought another Chinese thingamajig with BT and this was auto-found by HA as LE BT

If you buy it and might want to send it back if it does not work, check free-returns as else the costs of return may surpass the price of the product

I’m just started with bluetooth in home assistant and have more questions that answers, but you can try this. I don’t know what type installation you have. I’m running debian supervised. I can ssh to my server and do

bluetoothctl
devices

to see if it is recognized by bluetooth. I have some devices that are recognized by bluetooth dongle but are not in home assistant. I don’t know why. You can also run scan to scan for bluetooth devices.
To see info on your adapter use

hciconfig -a

HA devs have improved bluetooth support but not all devices are not (yet) supported.
BT LE seems flexible enough as I have multiple mapping but e.g. my BT speaker …nope… This is not really clear from the documentation but there are posts mentioning this.

1 Like

check this for example
Bluetooth integration adds just bluetooth adapter · Issue #79019 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

I understand that you have to have integration for your device to work with home assistant. I had to upgrade my kernel to 6.0 for my bluetooth adapter to work.
I have passive ble monitor integration installed from hacs. I saw somewhere in forum that bluetooth adapter has to be in passive scanning mode for this integration to work.
I don’t know is this correct and if it is how do I enable passive scanning on my bluetootg adapter?
I have following information on my adapter from hciconfig -a

hci0:	Type: Primary  Bus: USB
	BD Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx ACL MTU: 310:10  SCO MTU: 64:8
	UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN 
	RX bytes:44792877 acl:32 sco:0 events:615587 errors:0
	TX bytes:1084741 acl:26 sco:0 commands:95381 errors:1
	Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0xfe 0xdb 0xff 0x5b 0x87
	Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3 
	Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK 
	Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT 
	Name: 'homeassistant'
	Class: 0x3c0104
	Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing, Object Transfer, Audio
	Device Class: Computer, Desktop workstation
	HCI Version: 4.0 (0x6)  Revision: 0x22bb
	LMP Version: 4.0 (0x6)  Subversion: 0x22bb
	Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

I would like to integrate my smart watch with home assistant. It’s some cheap Chinese watch but it has bluetooth and ton of functions. But I like it as the battery can stand for two weeks without a problem.
In bluetoothct if I request devices I see that is connected to my bluetooth dongle and if I do info on it I get

Device xxxxxx (public)
	Name: HK8PRO-F9A
	Alias: HK8PRO-F9A
	Appearance: 0x0c42
	Paired: no
	Trusted: yes
	Blocked: no
	Connected: no
	LegacyPairing: no
	UUID: Tencent Holdings Limited. (some_uuid)
	UUID: Unknown                   (another_uuid)
	ManufacturerData Key: 0x4254
	ManufacturerData Value:
  xxxxxx                               ...d?.          
	ServiceData Key: key_
	ServiceData Value:
 xxxxx                              ...d?.   

I dont see any integration for this watch, but I tought it should be somehow possible to integrate this as generic device with entites it provide and that you can use this as you please with it.