Can I disable the "changelog"?

This is a personal pet peeve of mine with apps in general, which is why I usually disable auto update for most apps if possible. The problem here is that I use Home Assistant to open my garage door for my business when I get deliveries, and only have a limited time to respond before the driver leaves. This stupid notification needs to go. It has no real purpose other than to pester the user and is detrimental to the overall experience. The average user probably doesn’t need to see this either. Therefor it NEEDS TO GO. How do I make that happen?

1 Like

It must be a setting as I have never seen that message and have been using HA for several years now.

It should only come up the first time you open the app after it has been updated. Best to post on the app github repo.

I don’t care if that message only appears once a year, I still want it gone or I will have to uninstall and sell my Raspberry Pi 4.0 for a much cheaper and simpler smart hub. Such a waste to go through all this effort just to have this experience RUINED by forcing the user to be nagged to death about stupid bull crap that doesn’t actually matter. The average user DOES NOT need to be notified about release notes, available updates, or discovered devices. There are such things as PREFERENCES in the software world. I’m not a software engineer like you guys but even I understand that.

2 Likes

this changelog has actually prevented more issues from getting created as we use it to communicate breaking changes. If you really need to open your garage door quickly on Android have you considered a widget on the home screen? Or even using device controls or Quick Setting Tiles? You wont even need to open the app if that is the case and its a lot faster. Alternatively if that is the only feature you are after you can use the webapp directly.

2 Likes

Any way to disable it? It’s strange how an automation app can’t automate closing that annoying pop up

But then what’s the point of a wall mounted tablet?

Non geeky users get lost when presented with this change log, especially non English speaking ones.