Can I replace my floor thermostats with a Tuya ZigBee thermostat?

I live in New Zealand. I’ve had a lot of success with Zigbee products that I’ve bought on AliExpress.

I have these floor heating thermostats in our bathrooms. I’d like to be able to control them and set up automations in Home Assistant.

Do you think I could replace them with this Tuya ZigBee Thermostat?

I saw this wiring guide in the description for Electric floor heating 16A, which seems to match up pretty nicely with the wiring in the current thermostat (also 16A):

I’m just worried that it uses a different kind of temperature sensor with a different resistance range. I can see it expects 25C to be 10K ohms. So I might need to measure this with a multimeter to double check. Are they likely to use a global standard for temperature sensors that are the same ones in our floors?

The current floor thermostats don’t seem to have any branding or model numbers. Can anyone identify these from the pictures?

Thanks!

Did you manage to figure this out?
Also in NZ and will be looking at underfloor heating as part of a renovation.

Yes I bought two of these Tuya Zigbee thermostats, but I don’t know if I would recommend them. They work alright but the zigbee2mqtt support feels a bit buggy and there are a few weird issues. I still don’t know if I’ve set up the temperature sensor correctly, it seems to just be using the room temperature instead of the floor temperature. The existing sensor in the floor might be the wrong type and have the wrong resistance or something. Or z2m might not be sending the right command to switch the sensor to “OE” properly. Other stuff is a little bit broken in z2m as well, like the calibration and temperature sliders not working properly, and weird null or NaN values showing up, and errors in the logs. But I seem to have found workarounds for everything and it works alright for now

I would probably recommend buying something in NZ from a smart home supplier. I’d recommend paying more for a quality product in this case. I’m pretty happy with all my other zigbee products though

Hey - were you able to solve this? I am considering buy one of these as well

Hi @boojew, I was never able to solve the bugginess, but they’ve been working fine and keeping the floors warm, so I think they’re probably fine. Just not the most polished product compared to other devices

Just following up.
I purchased the following.
MOES Zigbee Thermostat Room Temperature Controller of Water/Electric Floor Heating Gas Boiler Humidity Tuya Work with Alex 5A16A - AliExpress

Used the included wired temp sensor as floor was being laid.
I’ve managed to set the temp sensor to “OU” and its been working fine for the last few months

Hello, can you tell me how you was able to connect the Thermostate to zigbee to mqtt. How i can Set the device to the pairingmode.

Kind regards

Bernd