Can I run a zigbee-wifi bridge as well as a zigbee coordinator in zigbee2mqtt?

Hi all,

Last night I thought I was close to extending my zigbee network but eventually I had to concede as I wasn’t sure it could be done. I was trying to run a CC2531 stick on a rpi zero w as an “access point” to extend my zigbee network.

My setup currently has a CC2531 plugged into my rpi4 running HA just fine, but I need some more zigbee devices over the other side of the farm (big distance with thick stone walls in between). So rather than run lots of repeaters to try and get there, I want to use the wifi access point that is already there to run the distance and then a single wifi to zigbee bridge next to that access point.

So my question is: can it be done like that? Or can you only have a single Zigbee coordinator and repeat it? If so, what other options do I have? Would I need to create a separate zigbee network there and run another instance of zigbee to mqtt? Ideally I’d just like the one network so it can be easily maintained and the network tree be all in one place.

Cheers

Did you ever found a solution for this? I have the same issue. Need wifi to bridge my zigbee network to the back of the garden.

Yes; Just use another basetopic and panid.