Can I use the Xiaomi MI robot-vacuum-mop offline?

Hi all!

I have recently bought a Xiami MI Vacuum mop (not the Roborock) and I am very happy with it. It is a clever little workhorse that has far exceeded my expectations. With the Xiaomi Home App I have mapped my ground floor and use zoned cleaning when necessary. I realise that the multi-floor function is still in its Beta phase, and until it is completed I cannot map my upper level. I do hope that will be sooner rather than later. I find the app not user friendly at all and frankly I cannot believe that the developers of the app even added the Mi Vacuum without first sorting out basic issues such as multiple maps and multi-level building. Roborock can add 4 maps on multiple levels.

But enough complaining. What I would like to know in the mean time is whether it is possible to use the robot offline (no WiFi or Bluetooth) on the upper level, without the app. And then link it up again to do the ground floor. Obviously I do not want to loose my ground floor map. Mapping the whole floor took 120 minutes and a battery charge with waiting in between and I really don’t want to do that again unless absolutely necessary.

Has anybody tried this?