Can no longer link Google Assistant

Just tried to use Google Integration yesterday for the first time with Home Assistant, before I stumbled on this, as I too discovered that after setting it successfully, it stops working after a couple of hours. So I removed from Google App (phone), and tried to add it in again, but keeps saying unable to connect! Yet I have tested my URL (duckdns) all working correctly, and tried google authorised that came back as 405 which is OK accordingle to Home Assistant document, so recreated another one today, and no joy at all! Also tried adding in this docs and logo etc. I am on 2209.6 so it’s not Home Assistant, as it was working yesterday! Just wont reach out! Home Assistant says error code 404, which relates back to issues early in the year, but was solved (in Github - don’t say how). Tried troubleshooting 404, by simply recreating another project in google - no joy! Is anyone from Home Assistant investigating this?

1 Like

This error is not due to you upgrading

I am glad i saw these posts as i woke up this morning and noticed my home was NOT working, the issue seems to point towards duckdns alex is also affected so must point to duckdns callback.

I use duckdns and my Google home link stopped working in the last couple of days. No joy yet fixing it. Watching with interest.

same for me, tried everything (new project, new duckdns config, new nginx config etc.) with no luck to reconnect. Hope someone finds a solution or there will be a fix fast as it is really inconvenient to not be able to use google home with home assistant

Same here! using duckdns. I can send text to speech to my devices through home assistant BUT i cant get google to for an example turn on the lights :sleepy:

Used this tutorial and now it is working again!

Just to let you know, i had some trouble saving the DNS Nameservers on freenode. I had to input a fake US address on my profile. It wasn´t working with my real German address. (Error with Login credentials when saving the cloudflare DNS)

1 Like

Did the same thing. Works for me aswell :slight_smile:

it appears to have been a duckdns issue over last couple of days but it’s now working for me as normal

Same to me. New HA installation, new domain.
But when i try to link ty test app in google home - it says “could not reach”
And my nginx logs are emtry. Like if google servers do not generate any request at all

I also had the “could not reach” error.
I solved it by:

• using a fresh install of Google Home on my phone
  • during the configuration in Google Home, connect via a wireless network (not via the local wifi network).

same here, i get 404 error and when I try to add google assistant back in HA it redirects me to Nabu Casa login. wtf has just happened? I’m using cloudflare

i now have no home integration at all

Hmm, maybe this is the problem.

This is helped me.

1 Like

It does’nt work for me. Still error message ’

couldnot reach app , please try again

Here the same since this week. Would be great to find a centralized troubleshoot page. Found several spread out over community and elsewhere but so far none worked for me.

I’m having the same problem, but it’s my first time setting this up.
My google console is logging the following error, is it the same for everyone going through this?

I don’t think that error is relevant, then again I can be wrong.

the error should be logged there. I’ve seen people reporting different logs for this error, one of them is backend fail or something like this, which was related to the firewall blocking the traffic

I got the same error. Turns out it was because I was blocking all traffic from the US and UK. Allowing those two country’s in Cloudflare fixed the issue for me.

2 Likes

@ApolloF thank you very much, had US blocked in cloudflare as well removed and fixed.