Can node red control HA helpers - IE number slider?

I use node red to control multiple home assistant switches.

Call service node>Domain: Switch>Service: Toggle and then use the Entity id. No problem at all.

What domain and service would i need to use to set a helper number slider via node red (configuration>Helpers>+Add Helper>Number).

For example if i use a payload of 10, id like the slider in home assistant to show this change. It work if i set the state in developer tools, just cant figure it out in NR. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-05-07 004902

[{"id":"d8cc02d0.5fd","type":"api-call-service","z":"ac4d7e15.73715","name":"TV Timer","server":"a819b038.68a5e","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"scene","service":"","entityId":"input_number.light_brightness","data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":400,"y":1060,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e7ff6ef9.ea802","type":"inject","z":"ac4d7e15.73715","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"10","payloadType":"num","x":240,"y":1060,"wires":[["d8cc02d0.5fd"]]},{"id":"a819b038.68a5e","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","addon":true}]

Use the call service node.
set it to input_number
set_value
and the value in the json field { "value": 10 } or { "value": payload }

[{"id":"d8cc02d0.5fd","type":"api-call-service","z":"f1ca98b1.b2e218","name":"TV Timer","server":"4bbca37b.1700ec","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"input_number","service":"set_value","entityId":"input_number.light_brightness","data":"{ \"value\": payload }","dataType":"jsonata","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":400,"y":860,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e7ff6ef9.ea802","type":"inject","z":"f1ca98b1.b2e218","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"10","payloadType":"num","x":240,"y":860,"wires":[["d8cc02d0.5fd"]]},{"id":"4bbca37b.1700ec","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I actually thought it was input number and set value. Unfortunately thought that would work on its own and didn’t set the value in the json field (because i’m not familiar with that)

Really appreciate your help with this!
Thanks again.

1 Like