Can not add Broadlink rm mini 3 to HA 0.92.1

the documentation already has a the correct example for the change

1 Like

yes just noticed, thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction.

I tried to follow the documentation (I did not notice any change) but I still get the same error:
Setup failed for switch: No setup function defined.
Any idea?

The packet formatting in the example throws YAML errors…

One thing for me was the initial line. Previously it had inverted commas around it;

'dining_lamp_colorloop_on':
  alias: DINING LAMP COLOUR LOOP
  sequence:

Now I’ve removed the inv. commas, and the call service from the frontend works again;

abc_news:
  alias: ABC News 24
  sequence:
    - service: script.lg_tv_power_on

Weirdly, this is just for the broadlink scripts, others seem to work ok… :thinking:

I have the same config

- platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.2.11
    mac: 'abcd'
    type: rm2_pro_plus
    timeout: 15

- platform: broadlink   
    host: 192.168.2.12
    mac: 'B4:43:0D:CC:06:68'
    type: rm_mini
    timeout: 15              
    switches:
      samsung_tv:
        friendly_name: 'SS TV'
        command_on: 'JgDSAJOVEjgROBI4EhMSExITERQRExI4EjgSNxITEhMSExITEhMRFBE4EhMSExITEhMRFBEUETgSExI4ETgSOBI4ETgSOBIABgKUlRE4EjgSOBEUERMSExITEhMSOBE4EjgSExITERQRFBETEhMSOBITERQRFBETEhMSExI4ERQROBI4EjgROBI4EjgRAAYDlJQSOBE4EjgSExITERQRFBETEjgSOBE4EhMSExITEhMRFBEUETgSExITEhMRFBETEhMSOBITETgSOBI4ETgSOBI4EQANBQAAAAAAAA=='
        command_off: 'JgDSAJOVEjgROBI4EhMSExITERQRExI4EjgSNxITEhMSExITEhMRFBE4EhMSExITEhMRFBEUETgSExI4ETgSOBI4ETgSOBIABgKUlRE4EjgSOBEUERMSExITEhMSOBE4EjgSExITERQRFBETEhMSOBITERQRFBETEhMSExI4ERQROBI4EjgROBI4EjgRAAYDlJQSOBE4EjgSExITERQRFBETEjgSOBE4EhMSExITEhMRFBEUETgSExITEhMRFBETEhMSOBITETgSOBI4ETgSOBI4EQANBQAAAAAAAA=='

But I do not see any broadlink in services or in state tab. What’s wrong? I’m on HA 0.98

I have the same issue and followed this same method rather than using automations. I am running ha 0.100.2

just bought the RM Mini 3 and found out this issue.
Ended up in learning commands with Broadlink Manager, and using the broadlink.send service with the raw packets in Home Assistant, it works.

I am using RM mini 3 and have been upgrading HA to 1.002. So far not a problem besides learning how to get the IR RAW code into HA in the beginning.

Hi Pro,
can you show sample code?
sorry my english very bad

I am configration RM mini 3 but error get "7:00 PM components/broadlink/init.py (ERROR) - "
can you help me