Can not delete any enitity - grayed out button

Hi,

I am using Hass.io and recently I have noticed that I can’t delete any of the entity. Every single one has grayed out “Delete” button like in the picture below.

Does anobody know the solution or saw that before?

1 Like

If nobody is able to help, I probably should consider create a issue on github.

1 Like

Same issue here :frowning: anybody already get an idea how to solve it?

I’ve got the same problem but only with zigbee devices from IKEA which I intergrated using zigbee2mqtt and the mosquitto mqtt broker.
Other devices integrated through ESPhome have no such problems.

same problem here! I want to delete old Chromecast devices that are not at home anymore

Same issue here

Same here. I found a very hacky workaround. Remove the disabled="" tag on the button by using the web developer tools in your browser and the button will work again. My HA version is 0.108.4

1 Like

I have the same issue. Do you post now this Issue on github?

having same issue. anyone figure it out? On version .118.5 also tried restoring older snapshot with 117.5 and same thing

Check the entity box and at the top right, delete the selected one.

Problem persists.

Check the entity box and at the top right, delete the selected one.

What do you mean?

It’s not a problem. Disable the entity. If you delete the entity, it will reappear when the integration see’s the device again. That’s why delete is not available, because the device is still available. If you want the entity gone, but keep the device, you disable the entity. All of HA works like this.

I have a device with two identical entities (via a Hue Bridge). None of my other Hue lights has this problem. The only difference between them is that HA has tacked a ‘2’ onto the end of the Entity ID. How do I get it to delete the bogus duplicate?

TIA

@petro if the entity was created using yaml (with unique id) how to delete it then?
Disabling is nice for hiding but eventually this garbage still adds up especially when trying to figure out how to create a template entity in yaml

Delete it out of your yaml code, then reload template entities from the developer tools YAML section (or just restart HA), then delete the entity.

Thnx and if the delete button is still greyed out after that?

It’s probably already gone and just in your browser’s cache. Clear your cache, or try a different browser or an incognito window.

In very rare instances you might have to edit the entity registry file (/config/.storage/core.entity_registry), but that’s a last resort and you’ll want to make a backup before you do that.

a few (de)-activations and restarts off HA finally enabled the delete button.
Bit weird, but at least with some determination you are able to delete an entity.