Can not install Home Assistant on SD card via BalenaEtcher

Hi,
I am trying to install Home Assistant on my Raspberry Pi 3 that I have had laying around for years.
The goal is to use my Combee II and then install Aqara Temp and Humidity sensors and Aqara Water Leak sensors to it.

So, my issue starts very early on, I have downloaded balenaEtcher, choosing the URL for Raspberry Pi 3 from the Raspberry Pi page, and choosing my SD card (32GB) and pressing Flash.
But, I get an attention message saying something is wrong.
Any ideas what to do here?

Unfortunately I can not get a better picture of the issue since I can not get it bigger or show more information at any given time…

I am sitting on a MAC if that is of any concern.

I have tried with several SD cards, and I could do a Flash on another thing that was laying on my computer earlier today.

Thank you for your help!

use pi imager

it is not the first topic with problems using balena etcher

Hope you don’t get insulted, but please use the search function, before posting a Topic
I think people are slightly tired of this particular “Issue” , there are hundreds, who have experienced what you are about to go through

Search results for 'SD BalenaEtcher' - Home Assistant Community !

Common answers you’ll get is “Don’t”

Hi, I tried to search on tags, so probably that was the wrong way doing it… just got slightly frustrated since this was the way People told me to do it from other sources… Ill see if I can find something…

1 Like

As others often point out. Read the docs first, they are the latest info. Youtube and other sources can be years out of date. By all means look at youtube as it will offer good advice but always docs first.

Hi, this was the documentation I used, and I used the URL from this page. But, it worked when I downloaded the file and had it directly on my computer…

Hi, I fixed the issue by downloading the installation file and not using the URL. Now it is working.
Not sure if/how I can close this issue.

Just “mark” your last post as “solved” , so maybe others who search will find your answer/advice to download the installation file, never a good idea flashing/burning something from online source, online installation of i.e an OS, is never the best choice PS:Discord and this Forum were just “offline” for few minutes for me (server-error), other destinations worked well

1 Like