Can not open Node Red UI

I’m not sure if order matters but your config looks a little different then the example one, you can try and format the config more like the documentation example here:

That documentation also notes specifically under known issues and limitations:

If you cannot access HTTP nodes or Node-RED Dashboard, please check if you have enabled direct access mode by setting a port number in “Network” configuration section of the add-on.

If you cannot access HTTP nodes or Node-RED Dashboard, please check if you URL starts with /endpoint/, or else Home Assistant authentication will kick in.

Based on the advice above, try removing the port number on the network configuration tab to disable the “direct access” and only access the dashboard through Home Assistant ingress (ie just the Node Red tab in Home Assistant).

You also can try the config this poster suggested

I wish I had a better answer that I knew would fix this for you, but I just run Node Red in docker and not the addon, so I’m not familiar with all the quirks and finer details of getting the addon to work other then what we’ve tried. Unlike a traditional Node Red install (ie docker, snap, NPM) that just runs on port 1880, the Node Red addon appears to route the connection to the supervisor and all over the place through a bunch of different ports and uses ingress so a lot can go wrong. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they have any other ideas.

If all else fails you can just give up on the addon and run Node Red directly on port 1880 outside of Home Assistant, instructions to do that are below

https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/local

Instructions to get a traditional Node Red install (NOT an addon) working with Home Assistant are here

You also could attempt to open a github issue for the addon to possibly evaluate for a bug and get help from a developer

What error do you get when using direct access in lieu of going through HA eg. Your HA address with :1880 rather than :8123 If your using https you will have to make a security exception in the browser to display the page.

Have you tried changing to a different port on the config page?

I wonder if the work around from an old HACS problem would help. Force disabling the cache for the page.

@Mikefila, I’m using https. How do I do the security exception?
Do I have to do an execption on each browser I’m using?
I.e I log on to the system from different computers.

I tried to remove the port (1880) as @mwav3 suggested. But no change :disappointed_relieved:

When you go to the page in a browser there will be a warning there will also be a link or button that will give you further options. You can try another port like 9025 and then use that at the end of your ip instead of 8123

New discovery…
I can access Node Red UI with the ip-address:1880
But I can’t access the Node Red UI from the HA frontend (buttons, open web UI)

I have the same issue but I can open the nodered ui from HA on all my screens (pc, laptop and tablet after logging ) not on my iPhone. On my iPhone there is a black screen with the text “unautorised” ???