HACS Frontend error in HA App

I refreshed a couple times while having my network console opened, with “Disable cache” checked. It finally sync’d back up. A hard refresh (e.g. Shift-Refresh) wasn’t working. A singular refresh while having cache-disabled also didn’t work. It took a couple refreshes for things to finally sync themselves.

1 Like

I was having this problem as well. I also use a proxy, so based on some of the info above I signed in through the local IP address. I did not have the issue in that connection. I still had the HA connection through the proxy open in another browser tab. I did a couple of tasks in the local connection and had to reboot a couple of times. When I went back to the proxy connection, the problem was gone.

Same error here. Clearing the cache didn’t help.

1 Like

Same here … A got this error after each update, until now browser cache clearing helps, but not after today update.

It works without error on IP, but not on homeassistant.local

This HACS error (unexpected frontend version…) drove me crazy. I did all browser cache clearing without success. What really helped was a refresh by “Disabling cache” in the network panel of the developer console. So I attach a picture so hopefully it helps someone.

15 Likes

thank you @familieeck!
works for me!

1 Like

Hello,
could you tell me, where I can find the “Developer Console”?

Thank you very much,

Enrico

In Google Chrome menu: View->Developer->Developer tools

Ah … ok … I’m using Firefox … that’s why I didn’t find that menù :smiley:
Do you know if there is something similar on Firefox?

Thanks,

Enrico

Yes also available in Firefox: Tools->Web Developer->Web console
Under “Network”

Press the F12 key on the keyboard

Yeah… Toggling “Disable cache” in browser console does not help. Nothing really helps. I get that on all my devices. I use a nginx proxy and restarting it does not help either.

Also, the frontend or integration page does not load in HACS, I suppose it’s due to this error, but not sure.

Go tot the HACS page in your browser. Open the console and disable the cache. Then hold ctrl + shift and press r

Firefox version 85.0.2 64bit

That’s the very first thing I tried :wink: I had to do it 5-6 times for the message to disappear, that is weird.

I am using Cloudflare DNS with an nginx proxy on my end. Had to log into Cloudflare and clear cache from there to solve the issue.

1 Like

Thanks Mikefila,

That worked for me in Chrome, as well.

• Press F12
  • Go to network tab
  • Disable Cache
  • Ctrl + Shift + r

If you are using Nginx Proxy Manager as the reverse proxy for Home Assistant, Check the Proxy Host settings for Home Assistant and make sure Cache Assets is unchecked. Uncheck it if needed then clear browser cache and hard reload and should be fixed.

I just had this issues, too. There is an easy and fast way to fix it.

1. Open your HA App, e. g. iOS App
  2. Click on the three bars in the upper left corner
  3. Click on “App-Configuration” (dt. App-Konfiguration)
  4. Scroll down to the last option called “Reset Frontend Cache” (dt. Frontend Cache zurücksetzen)
  5. Then HACS will throw no error anymore and all is good
    Look at the two screenshots as well.

I hope, I could help a little bit.

Perfect, thanks.

This solved it for me. Thanks!