Can’t connect to home assistant.local:8123 over wifi - but works over LAN

Hello Everyone!

New install of Home Assistant, my first, installed on Windows 10 machine in VirtualBox. The Windows 10 machine is connected via Ethernet to me home network, and I can connect to HA from the host Windows 10 browser and other LAN connected devices in the house, from the browser or the HA Mac app.

I can’t connect to HA from the IOS companion app (or IOS browser) or any wifi connected device. The connection doesn’t time out, it just appears to hang, on the IOS companion app a page opens up with the ip address at the top but the page is just a blank white screen.

From wifi I can ping the HA IP address, and http://home assistant.local

So, in summary I can access HA from any ethernet connected device but not wi-fi, I have no wifi access to the Observer URL on port 4357 either.

I have a Sky Q combined router and wifi access point (I’m in the UK), I can’t see any settings in their that separates the wifi from ethernet networks - but I could have missed something.

So far I’ve tried re-boot Virtualbox, the HA host machine and my Wifi/broadband router, I’ve tried a complete reinstall of HA and Virtual box. I’ve also cleared cache and rebooted wifi devices.

HA appears to be operating as it should.

I’m not (yet) trying to do anything like getting remote access, everything I’m trying to do is based on access from within my local network.

Appreciate any pointers.

Many thanks