Can’t log in after migrating to new device

Hi everyone, i decided it was time to upgrade my home assistant green, which had been running increasingly slow, to a geekom airmini12 i got on sale. Rather than set it up as a new machine, l’m trying to migrate from my existing HA green to one of these geekom computers. I made a full backup and saved it to my google drive and i imaged the drive of the new device using these instructions:

I am able to restore it from a backup on google drive but then when it asks me to log in it keeps giving me an error saying my log in and password are different.

Now the only thing that’s different seems to be the

IP address of of the 2 devices, the original ending in 194 and the new one in 202 but they are both plugged into the same Ethernet port. I know the username and password are correct, even tried Changing it several times and re-imaging but i can’t get it to work. I tried setting it up as a new device but then i can’t restore from the files. I also tried going into the settings on the old device and turning off static IP, and even changed it to the ip of the new device and still can’t log in. I feel like there’s a simple solution I’m missing here.

Please help! Just wanted to upgrade my hardware and i am very frustrated. Thank you!

First, unplug the ethernet cable from the old system. You can’t have two devices trying to be homeassistant.local

Next, (Note, I have never done this- I am just referring to my notebook.)

• Connect a keyboard and monitor to your Home Assistant host PC.
  • At the HA> prompt, type login to access the Home Assistant OS command line.
  • Use the following command to create a new user:
    ha auth create --username new_user --password new_password
  • Verify the New User by logging into the Home Assistant web interface with the new credentials.

I also found this:
Recover a user’s forgotten password in Home Assistant by following these steps:

• Connect a keyboard and monitor to your Home Assistant host PC.
    At the HA> prompt, type login to access the Home Assistant OS command line.
  • To see all registered users, type:
    ha auth list
  • Use the following command to reset the password for the specific user:
    ha auth reset --username existing_user --password new_password
  • Log in to the Home Assistant web interface with the new credentials to ensure the password reset was successful.